Blend door issue???

93hotrodlincoln

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I just got a 97 lincoln mark viii lsc... I know these cars have a issue with the blend door but im not exactly sure whats wrong with my car so before I rip into it I figured id get your advice.

The climate control unit works fine you can adjust the temp and switch between vent, floor, defrost...ect but the blower motor will turn on and off as I drive down the road??

not only that but with winter coming up all i really need to work is the heat and when the blower motor comes on its always cold air... like the AC is always on?

any help or ideas are great! thanks jake

Wow thank you! is the blower motor different between 93-96 and 97-98? I dont think mine looks like that but i bet that is whats wrong with mine

As for the blend door when i flip that lever will that make it so every time i turn on the climate control it will blow hot air? if that is it that would be great! Like i said it is just my winter car so i dont care if the ac works

It makes the heat work at about 50-60%. It is a temp fix and better than nothing. The blend door job is not hard, about 3-4 hours if you take your time and the part is still available from Ford. The new actuator motors have a reinforced arm from Ford and much better than the original. Cost is anywhere from $41-$46.

you can only flip the lever by hand if yours is broken, if it isnt broken you shouldnt be able to move it at all. the blower motor itself is the same fromt gen 1 to gen 2 but the gen 2 has a larger mouse wheel on it.

Blend door issues

has anyone out there every replaced/repaired the blend door on a 1996 mark viii? where is the blend door located on a first gen mark viii? does the dash have to come out to replace it like on a gen 2? is the blend door located in the same place as a gen 2? finally where is the blend door switch so i can get the heat to work until i have time to remove the dash if need be. any advice would be great.. thanks..

has anyone out there every replaced/repaired the blend door on a 1996 mark viii? where is the blend door located on a first gen mark viii? does the dash have to come out to replace it like on a gen 2? is the blend door located in the same place as a gen 2? finally where is the blend door switch so i can get the heat to work until i have time to remove the dash if need be. any advice would be great.. thanks..

Yeah, I have on my old 96. The actuator motor is different than Gen II's and is no longer made from Ford. Procedure is almost exactly the same.

hey i'm about to do my blend door myself, ima run up to the dealership, does the new part comes with arm and the blend motor? and does the new part have to be modified or has ford corrected the design flaw? i found one set of instruction to doing the install, but at the bottom there were some notes saying some of the steps arent needed. is there a new version of the install, one that shortens the installation time?

Members online

No members online now.
Back