blinker no more....

anylouder?

LVC Member
Reaction score
so i hit a nice ridge in a parking lot a few days ago and my drivers front blinker went dead. figuring it was the bulb i went to go change and no work from the new oneS. i checked the wiring and im not getting power to the blinker hot wire. any idea where this couldve went dead?
drivers rear still blinks fine, dash is doing the normal dead bulb quick blink.
maybe a relay?

I had a similar problem with my passenger side. When I bought the car the side marker and blinker didn't work because the previous owner hit something in a parking lot. It wasn't the bulb and it wasn't the fuse. After a lot of searching I found that the wire behind the bumper go sliced into two when the previous owner hit something. There is, at least on the passenger side, the wire that runs to the blinker and side marker and it runs behind the plastic bumper, but when the bumper got pushed in, it sliced the wire against a sharp point of the body. So, this might be something you want to check for.

i have had this problem for like 2 years....no clue.

damn 2 years??

i have had this problem for like 2 years....no clue.

ok, so i did a little checking over the weekend.
MY 2000 V8
heres the past.
it all started when i hit a larger bump in a parking lot. it was out for 2-3 days and it started working again for 20 seconds and went out.
the parking light still works.
ive checked the leads with a wire tester and im getting power in 2 out of 3 wires (black with white stripe is showing no power when blinking, so i assume this is the blinker power)
i checked fuse # 10 (left side blinker) and its fine.
all the wires seem to look fine under the hood
does anyone know if every blinkers runs a seperate relay, or if all 4 share one? and where the hell is this relay located.
i did get up under the dash and found an old keyless entry thats still installed from the previous owner, but i was never given a remote. i checked through the wires and didnt find anything wrong or disconnected....
any other ideas???? i dreading taking it to the stealership. they rape for electronics diagnostics.
anyone know where i can find a schematics sheet. when i used to work in a stereo shop, we used to have color sheets for the wires and what they did.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back