Block heater

vicls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey well i found my block heater but none of my plugs will fit in the socket there too big..... is there a special kinda plug for this or should i go to the store and find the proper size.....lol

Can i take off the plastic piece....... or do i need a certain size plug

anyone have same problem as me... when the plug wouldn't fit? Or i have to get a smaller size plug one or something?

anyone?

Like its weird i normal plug wont fit in there it seems a little bit smaller the socket and i cant find that will fit

contact your local dealer
sorry that sounded like an advertisement. or look in the owners manual.

I found the same problem. I think there's a cable you can use to attach to this in the trunk by the battery? /shrug It's to damn cold for me to go out and check right now ;p

I found the same problem. I think there's a cable you can use to attach to this in the trunk by the battery? /shrug It's to damn cold for me to go out and check right now ;p

Hmm i should check... way to cold here like -30 degrees lucky my car in the garage. I called lincoln and they said that cord would be $200 DAMN DOLLARS!! FUK THAT!! ...... if there is anyone on here selling one or anywhere i can get it for cheaper LET ME KNOW

I have the saame problem. It looks like a regular extension cord wouldn't match up to the posts inside there anyways. I'm guessing there's another piece...

Does anyone know this damn piece...lol.... try talking to bill at fordsales but he away on his msn.

So, i called the dealership... 86 bucks for part # XW4Z6B019AA, however I can't find the diagram to see if it's the correct piece. The team ford link on the right side of the page will sell it for $65. Can anyone find thediagram and post it?

That's what they told me. I haven't seen a diagram yet so I can't tell you for sure. Once i find a diagram of the whole block heater assy, i'll let you know.

the first link... maybe. might work. might be worth the 9 bucks to find out.

second link... i don't think that plug will fit either.

thanks for the quick search, groundzero

I'm not sure if mine is equipped with a block heater or not. How can you tell? It's an '02 V8 LSE.

It looks like the plug that goes into the back of a computer tower, did anyone try that?

Members online

Back