Blown Speaker?

LINLIN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So the left front door speaker on my 01 LS sounds like crap. What's strange is I had the speaker out and it looked fine. In the past, when I had a speakers go bad I could actually see a tear in the speaker or something physically wrong. I'm not an audio guy so my dumb question is can the speaker be "blown" but not look it? Oh, I have the 12 speaker Alpine Audiophile system if that makes a difference.

Yes If They Cant Handle The Stock Radio Or Any Radio Power Out Put Then Yea Sorry To Say

unless you have gotten moisture down in the speaker some how like maybe from a door leak or somethin. that has happend to me on 2 cars and it makes them sound like :q:q:q:q

I have had lots of problems with my audiophile system. Seems like the rear 2 speakers are blown as well as my driver door speakers.

yes.

i've had plenty of blown speakers that appeared physically fine.

Thanks for all the help. I have a new speaker on order from Team Ford. As it turns out I don't have the audiophile sytem afterall. When they ran the VIN to order my new speaker it came back "premium deluxe sound" or something. I thought since I had the Alpile 6 CD changer it was automatically audiophile, but when I ran the speaker check (3 and 6 preset) "Subwoofer 1" was silent. I poked my head in the trunk and I don't have the speakers in the rear package tray so I guess I only have the 6 speaker system. Oh well it sounds good to me. I'm sure it will be even better when I get the new speaker.

Members online

Back