Brake caliper paint color choice?

601hotboy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey... i've ben wanting to paint my brake calipers awhile on my pearl lincoln ls... i have 20's on it.... I thought of maybe silver... i dont want something to over the top.....any suggestions?

Black but Gold looks good for some brake kits. Like the Subaru's and all? But most people feel that is to much. Another thing to consider is how ugly the stock brakes look so why draw attention to them. IMO just go black.

I will bet you 10$ paypal he says pearl.:D

What's the color of your car? quote 04SCTLS

I will bet you 10$ paypal he says pearl.:D

Carnac the Magnificent. :D

Carnac.jpg

gloss black without a doubt. You dont want to take away from the wheels with some hideous neon calipers. Black looks nice and clean.

my car is pearl white...
I'd go with gold first silver or pearl white second.
This should be easy to photoshop or just cut out some pieces of paper and place them on the pictures of the brakes.

I'll be doing black in a few weeks when I get under there to replace the pads. So, I think you should do fuschia.

I painted mine red. Here's what they look like:

calipers.jpg

no offense Pete, but I think that takes away from the wheel. Painting them a gloss black hides behind the wheel and when people get close to look, they look good as hell

no offense Pete, but I think that takes away from the wheel. Painting them a gloss black hides behind the wheel and when people get close to look, they look good as hell

None taken, Sully. That's why I haven't painted the rears yet. It's cheap, and easy to switch if I don't like it. I'm still not sure if I like it yet.

i used the duplicolor brush on kind (last way longer than their spray) and no I'm gonna spray em with the VHT caliper paint (cost more but the finish MUCH nicer) and then clear over it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back