breaking an axle

MaRk32v

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a mark with a 3500 stall, 4.10 gear, few minor bolt ons and 125 shot of nitrous. i kno the car is gonna at least go low 12's. my question is when i finally get it to the track and go to lauch on the spray what kind of a 60 ft can these axles handle. dont wanna have to have it towed home.

i know theres 2 other marks going 11's just wondering what kind of 60 ft times there putting down. just wondering if stock axles or high performance irs or solid axle or what?

Whose stall converter do you have? The stock axles can take a lot of abuse.

the converter is from direct transmissions. it was 290 shipped to my door. so i couldnt pass it up cause the stocker was making a lot of clinking noises

Let me know how that converter works out for you because for that price I am definitely interested. Is it a 9.5 inch or 10 inch converter?

Go to the track and see what happens:D .There are few 10 sec T-birds running stock axles out there.Mike has 100+ passes on stock axles with his Vortech blown 98LSC and they're holding fine ,so far.His best 60' time is 1.5 VIDEO . you planning to go to the track this year or not?Me and Mike should be going to US41 this Sunday or following weekend.Mike works in Joliet, so we should see his car often in Joliet next year because he's planning to drive that car to work on nice days.

Derek

The axles will be fine. The transmission on the other hand....

Members online

Back