Buddy wants an LS

First, ive had nothing but good experience with MY ls. Im just sying the LS is notorious for problems because other people who owned them or still do complain about stupid little problems. It didnt get discontinued because its Reliable ;)

Second, Unless this guy want to race around the track, FWD is better than RWD for many reasons for everyday driving. For starters, better off the line traction in bad weather. Also, to get yourself out of a snow pit, you can turn the front DRIVE tires allowing more options.
RWD if you get stuck, your F***ed. Someone get out and push.

Third, Im not BASHING anything, just I know here in canada we get 2 - 3 feet of snow depedning where you live and such. RWD is a B**CH in the winter. And dont make comments like "well its great if u know how to drive it" cause i see MANY people sliding all over the place in the winters. Town Cars, Mustangs, Cargo cans, even pick up trucks struggling to accelerate in heavy snow. Who accelerates ok in the snow? SUV's and Altimas and Camerys and Accords =p Dont see them getting stuck.

Actually the LS was discontinued because it was not cost effective. It was targeted at entry level luxury buyers but as the amenities began to accrue over the years the price raised accordingly until the LS was encroaching on mid-level luxury pricing which was not the goal of the vehicle. This caused it to become too expensive for mass market production leading to the introduction of it's maligned FWD "successor" the MKZ. The MKZ was basically a Fusion with a chrome waterfall, stupid tail lights, and an analog clock in the dash leading to much lower production overhead creating a much more cost effective entry-level luxury sedan.

I live somewhere that never sees snow as do many other Americans so the advantages of FWD in a snowy climate are a moot point for many people but even if you are snowbound an AWD is superior still. I'm not going to deny the disadvantages of a RWD vehicle in a snowy climate but it's just common sense that if you live in an area of heavy snowfall the LS is not going to be your winter vehicle. FWD has it's pitfalls in snowy weather too...

Actually the LS was discontinued because it was not cost effective. It was targeted at entry level luxury buyers but as the amenities began to accrue over the years the price raised accordingly until the LS was encroaching on mid-level luxury pricing which was not the goal of the vehicle. This caused it to become too expensive for mass market production leading to the introduction of it's maligned FWD "successor" the MKZ. The MKZ was basically a Fusion with a chrome waterfall, stupid tail lights, and an analog clock in the dash leading to much lower production overhead creating a much more cost effective entry-level luxury sedan.

It wasn't the amenities so much as the cost of the high aluminum content of the suspension. When the LS first came out they sold at very close to cost as Lincoln, like drug dealers, wanted to get buyers hooked on the product before raising costs. Lack of dealer knowledge didn't help. While Lincoln marketed the LS as an American BMW (which it was) the dealers marketed it as a baby Continental (which it definitely was NOT). Many things killed the LS....

Second, Unless this guy want to race around the track, FWD is better than RWD for many reasons for everyday driving. For starters, better off the line traction in bad weather. Also, to get yourself out of a snow pit, you can turn the front DRIVE tires allowing more options.
RWD if you get stuck, your F***ed. Someone get out and push.

Additionally, balance is very important. The LSes 52ish/48ish weight distribution trumps FWD's 62ish/38ish any day. Put a good set of snow tires on the LS and it will run away from a nose-heavy FWD appliance. Add in AdvanceTrac see the Lses tail lights get smaller and smaller!

"Many things killed the LS"
Oh my how thats an understatement. Lets see...

-Lack of power (tho it does triumph over its competator, the BMW 540)
-Expensive Fuel type (91 +)
- Poor marketing
- High price tag
- Dealers with lack of experience selling a vehicle in this class
- Poor reputation = no referrals

And heres the Last 2 important things that killed the LS:
1) FUEL ECONAMY RECIPE!!
Ingediants: Add todays German engineering and markerting i.e. Volks wagon getting 40+ miles per gallon, coupled with Fuel prices going up up and away, Mix in some media attention scaring everyone with bad oil resrves, and a pinch of 'word of mouth' telling people V8 is terrible on gas. And Vuala! Dead Lincoln LS

MKZ = V6, the ever so popular growing engine. 3.5 V6 is a breakthorugh considering it can produce higher HP and torque than the AJ 3.9 but consume less gas.

And finally, The Killer to the Lincoln LS:
IT UNRELIABILTIY HISTORY!
Anyone here take a peek inside consumer reports? Its disgusting what problems people "claim" they have. And consumers reports is the voice of the people. Imagine what powerful destrucivness the word of mouth can cause?

"Many things killed the LS"
Oh my how thats an understatement. Lets see...

-Lack of power (tho it does triumph over its competator, the BMW 540)
-Expensive Fuel type (91 +)
- Poor marketing
- High price tag
- Dealers with lack of experience selling a vehicle in this class
- Poor reputation = no referrals

And heres the Last 2 important things that killed the LS:
1) FUEL ECONAMY RECIPE!!
Ingediants: Add todays German engineering and markerting i.e. Volks wagon getting 40+ miles per gallon, coupled with Fuel prices going up up and away, Mix in some media attention scaring everyone with bad oil resrves, and a pinch of 'word of mouth' telling people V8 is terrible on gas. And Vuala! Dead Lincoln LS

MKZ = V6, the ever so popular growing engine. 3.5 V6 is a breakthorugh considering it can produce higher HP and torque than the AJ 3.9 but consume less gas.

And finally, The Killer to the Lincoln LS:
IT UNRELIABILTIY HISTORY!
Anyone here take a peek inside consumer reports? Its disgusting what problems people "claim" they have. And consumers reports is the voice of the people. Imagine what powerful destrucivness the word of mouth can cause?

NONE of those things killed the LS. The LS was killed over 7 years ago. Compare it to the cars of the time and it fares very well. Ever done a CR survey? I have and they are VERY unscientific. Only subscribers fill out the survey.

It's beneficial to have had contact with the Lincoln Suits.......

Ls

Good bad or otherwise ive had my 05 LS for a year now with out any problems 46000 miles and verry well maintained and its by far the best lincoln ive owned.

Members online

No members online now.
Back