Busy day for the LS...

SolacE

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Wow finally got a chance to do some cosmetic enhancements to the LS today.

I got the McLaren grill, eyebrows, LSE license plate surround, and the 03+ side view mirrors (with puddle lights) all painted yesterday and I put them on the car today.

I will try and get some pics posted up in a day or two. Now I guess next big purchase is stereo... Then some new shoes.

Just wanted to share my excitement.

Just to be safe I'm going to let you guys know that Shoes=Rims! Unless the poster really is going to buy a durable covering for the human foot, made of leather or similar material with a rigid sole and heel, usually extending no higher than the ankle. ;)

how easy were the puddle lights, ive been meaning to install my turn signals in the mirrors, but not sure how easy the wiring is.

itsnotmydaddys said:
how easy were the puddle lights, ive been meaning to install my turn signals in the mirrors, but not sure how easy the wiring is.

It was VERY easy. It was just two additional wires. If you do a search for mirrors you will find a post started by GrayGhost that details the installation and wiring of the mirrors and puddle lights quite well.

3438%3A55923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2348%3D52%3A%3D%3B35%3DXROQDF%3E232385%3A728%3B6%3Bot1lsi

3438%3A55923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2348%3D52%3A%3D%3B35%3DXROQDF%3E232385%3A72897%3Aot1lsi

3438%3A55923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2348%3D52%3A%3D%3B35%3DXROQDF%3E232385%3A72897%3Bot1lsi

wow... thats pretty damn nice!!! your car got a nice facelift! i like the eyebrows in white. wasnt sure how it would look, but looks erally nice. i do like the chrome license surround better though.

are those hid lights??

nice nice.. ever thought about clearing that orange corner lense? I think it would look sharp!!!

SolacE said:

That looks HOT! Great job! It all ties in nicely. Once I get the clear bumper lenses in that would top off the front end.

thanks for the kind words....hehe

Yeah I cant wait for the clear bumper lenses to come in because that will be a good upgrade as well cosmetically speaking.

No I dont have HIDs.....yet.

SolacE said:
thanks for the kind words....hehe

Yeah I cant wait for the clear bumper lenses to come in because that will be a good upgrade as well cosmetically speaking.

No I dont have HIDs.....yet.

Very very nice car man, slick and clean. You might want to cover up your license plate next time because you might make someone on the net mad and then they'll stalk you...not good. Open up paint and cover it in Black!

3438%3A55923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2348%3D52%3A%3D%3B35%3DXROQDF%3E232385%3A72897%3Bot1lsi.jpg

OMG, those eyebrows on the ls look great!!... I ordered some for my white ls a couple of days ago and cant wait ti'll they come, feels good to know what theyre gonna look like..

Finally, a white LS with the mclaren grill. I've been looking for a pic of one for a long time. I just wish I had the sport bumpers so there was not chrome. Anybody want to photoshop a pic for me? Maybe with all white grill as well?

Your ride is looking real nice Solace. If only I had some money to start some mods. Pics like these make me want to steal some cash from someone to buy some stuff.

the eyebrows are easy i keep messing them up thou. sorry ken. nut the plastic one should be in in about a week or so. the car looks nice, im painting my surround this week hopefully if all goes as planned. any pics of a black surround

Here it is all white, I didn't have much time to make it perfect, but it gives the idea of a solid grille, its just missing the mclaren circles, would take time to get that matching perfectly "and have it look realistic enough to not look hokey".

Hope this helps!

allwhite.jpg

Thanks for the quick picture didji. I'll pop the holes in myself.

I'm hoping this pic is accurate to the way the mclaren grill actually looks becuase I like the way it looks.

It will look close, only a bit more black behind the grille due to the holes. I shaded the inside to match the hood shade from the tree to the left so it matches better.

Forgot the pic.

Attachments

• white mclaren.bmp
    16.3 KB · Views: 233
Kamikaze said:
Very very nice car man, slick and clean. You might want to cover up your license plate next time because you might make someone on the net mad and then they'll stalk you...not good. Open up paint and cover it in Black!

Yes the car looks very sharp. PLus I love the Vanity Plate. I've had nothing BUT vanity plates for the last ten years.

Currently running on my 2000 LS = H8SNO (I live in Michigan) And I transfered it off my sold convertible.

KAMIKAZE ~ Unless someone is a Police Officer with access to the LEIN System (Registered driver database for Michigan) ...how can someone "TRACK" you down by your licence plate? Your plate is NOT a public information directory to specifically where you live........ANYPLACE. :slam

My plates says H8SNO and I live in Michigan. Tell me where I live in the next 2 hours and I'll send you $20 in the mail.

h2osho said:
Yes the car looks very sharp. PLus I love the Vanity Plate. I've had nothing BUT vanity plates for the last ten years.

Currently running on my 2000 LS = H8SNO (I live in Michigan) And I transfered it off my sold convertible.

KAMIKAZE ~ Unless someone is a Police Officer with access to the LEIN System (Registered driver database for Michigan) ...how can someone "TRACK" you down by your licence plate? Your plate is NOT a public information directory to specifically where you live........ANYPLACE. :slam

My plates says H8SNO and I live in Michigan. Tell me where I live in the next 2 hours and I'll send you $20 in the mail.

I never said I knew how to search for people's info via their license plate # but I have heard about some loophole through the DMV where people can get access to your information. I'd rather be safe then sorry man.

Members online

No members online now.
Back