buying HID conv kit.........advice for 96

JOHN1242

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 96 i am converting to HID. is this true plug and play? should I use a wiring harness like i did on the 98? what kit?9005 /6000k(xentec slim is my choice so far). any hang ups? this looks like a 20 min job?????????

thanx, JOHN

9006 (if you have LSC housings) slim with a relay harness and you'll need some adapters. Get with (DLF) on here and ask if he has any. I wouldn't go any higher than 6K unless you really like blue. 5K is about perfect for pure white but 6K is also very white with a hint of blue. 6K is what I have in the highs and lows. I don't have LSC housings so my kit is 9005 and yes, it's plug and play.

LoweredFrontW-Lights.jpg

96 "s dont need adaptors. the housings are 9005's.... my 98 needed them...and Xentec has poor reviews.guess i dont use them. ddm has horrible reviews on shipping.help !

DDM is just a little slow on shipping. i've gotten everything i've ordered from them, so far. six kits or so.
had one set of 6 from DDM fail. i've also used one set of Xentec stuff. it also failed.

A lot of people do order from DDM but the only complaints I have ever heard of was like Chris mentioned, slow shipping. I had Zentec and it worked ok but ended up with these I believe. My ballasts are sealed completely and not the screw in wiring like some have. No need in having to worry about something rusting.

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/MV-Slim-Conversion-HID-KIT-H1-H3-H6m-H4-H7-H8-H11-H13-9004-9006-9007-D2S-D2R-6k-/330709449670?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cffd1bbc6&vxp=mtr[/URL]

I never messed with DDM just for the simple fact of never knowing if you have to wait.

in reality, all of these kits probably come from the same factory in china. so just buy from someone with a warranty you feel you can trust.

I too think they are all basically the same and coming from the same place. Just like a car battery, there are only about 3 or 4 major battery makers. 1000 different names. Some kits will be good for the most part and then you will run across a bad one from time to time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back