Camber Bolts: Clarification Needed

De-marko

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, I bought the Moog camber bolts for the beast. I didn't realize you supposedly had to buy two kits for the car from what I have read.

I've searched around on here and there has been some conflicting info. Do I need to buy a total of two kits (four bolts) for the car? The reason I ask is I've looked at the A arms and to me it doesn't look like the aft bolt is adjustable.

The second pic is of the rear bolt and it doesn't look like there is a slot to be seen like the front bolt.

bolt3.jpg

Bolt 1.jpg

bolt2.jpg

When I did mine I put 4 of those bolts on there. From what I can remember they are each adjustable. Then again, from your pictures, your not getting much adjustment from the second pic.

Are those sold to fit the ls 100%? They look like macpherson strut camber bolts to me. If so they replace the 2 bolts that go thru the strut to spindle. And LS are not macpherson struts.

the front bolt is slotted to adjust camber and caster to a degree. not sure though never aligned my ls.

If those bolts are same dia as stock and they should be for strength there will be 0 movement without a slotted hole in body.

Are those sold to fit the ls 100%? They look like macpherson strut camber bolts to me. If so they replace the 2 bolts that go thru the strut to spindle. And LS are not macpherson struts.

Yes, they are for the LS.

If those bolts are same dia as stock and they should be for strength there will be 0 movement without a slotted hole in body.

That's what I'm thinking. I don't want to buy any more bolts if it'll do me no good, hence my little dilemma lol.

I must add that when I ordered my camber bolts (lower control arm bolts) it came in a a pack of 4. Such as these for example.

Eibach Camber and Alignment Bolt Kit

Thanks Jmtiseo, by the looks of that I should have just bought the Eibach set. But, when I bought the Moogs I thought it would be all I needed.

I had my alignment done today, the tech; with 20 years of experiance, was perplexed at the lack of camber adjustment on the rear of my '02. Mine mesured 1.9 degres which he said was the limit of the spec but there was no way for him to adjust it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back