Can anyone recommend a goood deal on tires for an 04 LS?

YdibuynLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Im used to just buying the cheapest tires, and ruining them without a care on previous cars. With a set on 18" epics with low profile Toyo proxes for summer, I could apreciate a quiet, quality set of tires on the stock LS 17's back on the car. If anyone has picked up a new set of tires for a bargain feel free to share....Thanks, Sean from LI, NY.

Mine were $700 with certificates from discount tire...Yokohama S-Drive..

firestone has nice tires for 100'ish.

Potenza G019 Grid with Uni-T

nice looking and nice price. i don't take my car to the track so they work ok. rim guard too! nice ride too compared to the stock michelins.

if i didn't get that, i'd recommend getting the michelins. don't get any z rated tires unless you are planning on racing imo. the ls is a nice car, but it's not a BMW 5 series... no need to waste money. plus to too much money: too much road noise.

too many too's

i'm sure there are better tires out there, but the ones i have look nice and are pretty good in all weather (haven't tested them in snow yet). i'm thinking they'll do fine given the favourable weight split (close to 50/50)

the stock ones did fine on my other linc in the winter, even in toronto. the car is fairly sure footed for a RWD.

Does anyone actually buy tires online from tirerack or the like?

I presonally wouldint.

If you get a blowout....thats a new tire that you need to purchase. If you buy locally with warranty you can get it replaced for free or a small fee.

I presonally wouldint.

If you get a blowout....thats a new tire that you need to purchase. If you buy locally with warranty you can get it replaced for free or a small fee.

Tirerack will warranty it all the same, and you can pay extra for more coverage.

I have bought several sets of tires from places like Tirerack and Discounttire.

Hmm sounds good then.

Only other issue would be having to wait a day or two for the tire to come in.

I just put on a set of the Hankook Ventus V4 (back when Ford did their tire clearance sale during the summer) - buy four get $100 back (not a bad gig I thought)... I really like the tires, real quiet, warm up pretty quick and they are all season as well... I am a highway warrior - cruising at about 80-90... So keep in mind I don't drag or pull excessive G's with my LS... As Memphis Reins says in Gone in 60 Seconds, "I just glide..."

Got khumos on mine... 245 55's not the best.. not the worst either. they grip well with no tire noise.

walmart

hey i got a set of 4 goodyear 80k mile tires at walmart, nice quiet, smooth ride, no problems. less than 100.00 each. not sport, but cruising tires.

Stopped by Firestone and house of tires both said they would have to order them for next week..but I think Im going with the Bridgestone Turanza W/Serenity for $183 each; tax and fees brings it to $797. It was middle of the road between the Potenza G019 Grids or Potenza RE 960AS Pole Position.

The other issue with tire rack is that you'll pay extra at your local shops to have them installed. So if you figure in the shipping charges into the tire as well as the extra charges for the installation. It almost comes out the same in the end unless tire rack is having one of their amazing sales

I have general altimax HP and they are very cheap.. but they are very good in the snow.. I only got stuck once but rocked it out.. and that was pushing a foot and a half of snow.. :eek:

I, personally, haven't had good luck with contis..

I personally have never used them, but have heard great things about these Continentals:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...reModel=ExtremeContact+DWS&partnum=35WR7ECDWS

However...if you are running summer wheels and tires, I would go with winter specific tires for the other set, not all-seasons.

I was going to get these as they were very highly rated by users AND tire rack tests... as well as being a good value. I ended up buying the extreme winters for my stock wheels and bought summer wheels and tires... extreme contact DW's. My friend has the DWS and says they are very good. They give up a very slight amount of steering response and dry traction for very good wet performance. They are also quiet and don't wear out too fast.

I HATE being 'ripped-off'. A set of Michelin Pilots would cost me over $1100 in Ottawa Canada. I am planning a drive to Florida within the next 30 days. What state+installer along the east coast (avoiding NYC,etc) has the best price on summer/all-season tires?
(eg--Sears price in NY state $50 a tire cheaper vs. Ottawa. Then add 15% tax....)
When I owned an SHO I went to Myrtle Beach to golf and the savings at that time paid for half my week-long trip.

Geography??

FASTLLS---Thanks for the advice, but Ottawa is about 800 miles east of Brimley Mi. A little far to save a few bucks.
Think of Syracuse, NY on I-81 and go south until abeam Washington then over to I-95. That's the route I'll be taking.

Members online

Back