can someone help me get my hydraulic fan working??

jcjaguares666

LVC Member
Reaction score
so i finally got my radiator put in..the problem now is my fan wont turn on...someone HELPED me take the fan shroud off and took apart the hydraulic fan motor.. I told him to simply disconnect the two fluid lines but he proceeded to take the motor apart. i think he didnt put the fan motor back together properly. my question now is if the internal sprockets have to be aligned a certain way? if you have an answer or solution for me i would greatly aprecxiate it

Does the fan spin by hand? I had the fan motor apart also. I don't think those gerotor gears need to be aligned but there is a key way that has a small key that goes in between the shaft and the male gear.

it does spin by hand.. i even checked to make sure that the wireing harness on the shroud was connected properly..

I would suggest taking that fan motor apart again and see if you have that key in the shaft. It is pretty small and can fall off easily.

i took it apart and it was missing the little pin. i fabricated one to fit the little slot in the shaft. i put it back together.. should it spin freely or is it going to be snug???

I think a little drag with it fully filled with fluid would be normal, but would still be relatively easy to turn by hand. Mine spins pretty freely.

Members online

No members online now.
Back