can someone help me get my hydraulic fan working??

jcjaguares666

LVC Member
Reaction score
so i finally got my radiator put in..the problem now is my fan wont turn on...someone HELPED me take the fan shroud off and took apart the hydraulic fan motor.. I told him to simply disconnect the two fluid lines but he proceeded to take the motor apart. i think he didnt put the fan motor back together properly. my question now is if the internal sprockets have to be aligned a certain way? if you have an answer or solution for me i would greatly aprecxiate it

Does the fan spin by hand? I had the fan motor apart also. I don't think those gerotor gears need to be aligned but there is a key way that has a small key that goes in between the shaft and the male gear.

it does spin by hand.. i even checked to make sure that the wireing harness on the shroud was connected properly..

I would suggest taking that fan motor apart again and see if you have that key in the shaft. It is pretty small and can fall off easily.

i took it apart and it was missing the little pin. i fabricated one to fit the little slot in the shaft. i put it back together.. should it spin freely or is it going to be snug???

I think a little drag with it fully filled with fluid would be normal, but would still be relatively easy to turn by hand. Mine spins pretty freely.

Members online

Back