car leaning to the left

anthony53o

LVC Member
Reaction score
:mad: i have a 00 lincoln ls i have 20's on it and its leaning to the left when look at it head on and it rubs bad on the left not on the driver side though, my friend says adjust but how? i had the car for 2yrs with the rims and it been like that since but i my wife drives it now and she tore off the wheel well almost,

Not really gonna be able to help here but FWIW doesn't it make sense that it would rub on the left if that's the way it's leaning. I'm assuming the side that's lower would be the one that's rubbing no? Or am I just a complete idiot right now and not understanding? Sorry for the pointless post I was just thinking out loud.

Okay, I need to put out some clarification here... you said

"it rubs bad on the left not on the driver side though"

The left IS the driver's side... unless you have a right side drive car; and I'm not sure if they made the LS with a right drive option.

Just remember, when referencing left or right on a vehicle; it is always as you are sitting in the vehicle facing forward; Left is the driver's side, Right is the passenger's side.

Anyhow, take it in for an alignment; they'll tell you what's up.

Okay, I need to put out some clarification here... you said

"it rubs bad on the left not on the driver side though"

The left IS the driver's side... unless you have a right side drive car; and I'm not sure if they made the LS with a right drive option.

Just remember, when referencing left or right on a vehicle; it is always as you are sitting in the vehicle facing forward; Left is the driver's side, Right is the passenger's side.

Anyhow, take it in for an alignment; they'll tell you what's up.

Correct,.. I would first check for the obvious. Climb under and look for anything busted bent or disconnected in anyway.

Are they stock springs or aftermarket? Either way, you can index the springs so that they sit the same where they meet the control arm. I know my passenger side front is lower than the driver's side and that's probably the culprit.

How much does the pasenger weigh? This might be an easy diagnosis :p

:shifty: I may have to retract my previous statement...

My mistake it rubs on the right passanger side, I had a alignment when I put new tires on it 2 months ago I asked the guy he said that side is lowered I just need to raise it up a bit..how do I do this sorry for the confusion.. Any ideas how to raise it??

It is stock springs how do get it so its even with the drivers side? Can I do this myself? You can't even turn right into a drive way it rubs hard?

Like nyc is telling you, you probably need to check to see if the springs are indexed. Which means they are facing the same direction relative to the ends of the coils. This is kind of tough to explain, isn't it?

I was thinking of a good way but all I can think of is to show him the DIY for installing new springs. I cant find it but it explains how it is important to make sure the springs are aligned.

It is stock springs how do get it so its even with the drivers side? Can I do this myself? You can't even turn right into a drive way it rubs hard?

im going to solve this problem right now...your car is 8 years old.... the spings are weak... the only way to fix it.... is to buy new springs...

or get rid of the 20's... they are the rong off set... really they are the problem not the car

If it is visibly sagging that is not a offset issue.

But I agree with 50%:D , you may need new springs or if the springs were removed before could it be that even if they are stock they might not still be aligned?

maybe. if they are stock springs they could have been messed with if struts were ever replaced. but the alignment shop "SHOULD" have checked that... but i doubt they did.... ride height is part of an alignment

on the offset comment... i bet it wouldn't be rubbing with the stock wheels on it just because its sagging...

Members online

Back