car trouble plzzz help LS

dreamteam1000000

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got a system installed in ma car but a few min ago the radio shut off I can't get the car in gear the climate control does not work my tailights don't work well break lamps n all turn signals nd driver side power seat and also wen I take the key out of the ignition the lights turn on alone could it be the system wasn't done properly let me know what you think

Not very informative... year model?

What kind of system? head unit + amp + subs or something?

Also make sure the radio connections are properly installed, you might have a wrong connected cable thats shortining your system.

Like other's have said, check fuse. I would then get it back to the installer.

luk ma boyz lukin tuff wit no lytz. :p

Yeah I'd be taking it back to the installer pronto.

If all this stuff started happening AFTER the install of your system, why would you not think it wasn't installed right? :confused:

I could have swore I saw this problem before and it turned out to be something with the PATS or along those lines.

But, yeah definitely do to the install.

sound system? remote start/security system? either way sounds like a bunch of fuses, and an about to be unemployed installer.

actually, me and him (dreamteam1000000) checked every single fuse in the car, from the trunk, under the hood and the passenger side, even the remote to the alarm doesn't work. its a 2000 Lincoln ls v8... lets help ma brother out asap. i believe they didn't install the speaker correctly at all.

If all of that stopped working at once I would start checking fuses.

Also make sure the radio connections are properly installed, you might have a wrong connected cable thats shortining your system.

Like other's have said, check fuse. I would then get it back to the installer.

I could have swore I saw this problem before and it turned out to be something with the PATS or along those lines.

But, yeah definitely do to the install.

checked every fuse goin back to installer today n also my keyless entrie does not work either

I had the same issue, and my car is/was bone stock. There's a circuit board behind the carpet on the passenger side of the trunk with 3 electrical connections. In my case, the board was still good, but somehow lost it's callibration. Ford recallibrated it for $125.00, but if you need a new board, it's a $400+ part.

I had no brake lights, no rear turn signals, the tail lights wouldn't shut off, I couldn't pop the trunk with the key fob or inside the glove compartment, so you'll need to use your key. I also couldn't put the car in gear as the gear selector button was stuck. What I did find, was that I could turn the key to the ON position and then put the car in gear, and then start the car. This way I could at least drive the car to the dealership as nobody else can recalibrate that circuit board. All of my fuses were find as well.

Hopefully this post helps you.

Mark

Members online

No members online now.
Back