Car Won't Move

Friday

LVC Member
Reaction score
I own a 2001 lincoln ls v8.

I was driving last week and everything was fine up in till I stopped at a red light and when it was green I wasn't able to move. Car is in drive (D-D4-3-2-1) but when i hit the pedal nothing happens but the car rolls in drive. the car also works in reverse but not in drive.

I thought my trans was done for but when I popped the hood, there is a piece that is connected to the throttle line/something. similar to this thread but after doing research, I can't find any diagram to get parts or anything for that matter to help me out.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=61625&highlight=stranded

here are some pics

Car1.png

Car2.png

Car3.png

Car4.png

Car5.png

THANKS for everyone's input, I need to get back on the road

The connection the throttle body is missing. Maybe you can jury-rig something until you can find the replacement part.

I think I circled the problem. the C shaped piece is connected to one end with one bushing holding it in place. The top area I circled, that black line falls off when I play with the line, is that the same bushing that holds the C piece?

Car6.png

I think I circled the problem. the C shaped piece is connected to one end with one bushing holding it in place. The top area I circled, that black line falls off when I play with the line, is that the same bushing that holds the C piece?

Car6.png

When you press the throttle that long black piece on top pulls open the throttle plate. If that isn't happening then the car isn't getting any input from the throttle. What is supposed to attach to the bottom of the "C" piece? A return spring? Also, the linkage should be tight and not come apart without some effort. The bushing in that end of the linkage wears out over time. I'm sure with a little creativity you could find a way to keep the linkage from falling off.

I got the bushings and the linkage is back is place, but now every time i start the car.. the engine revs to 3-4k RPM and I shut the car off before anything further happens. The gas pedal is pushed down already before start (nothing is jamming it) like 80 percent. the pedal wont go to original position?

Any help is appreciated!

Either the throttle return spring has come off or the cable is jammed up hard somewhere. You'll just have to eyeball the entire cable, the spring, the repairs you made, and make sure there's nothing physically jamming the throttle plate open.

Members online

No members online now.
Back