CC problem/ClockSpring

allkesh

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem with my cruise control buttons. Its like they are shifted up one. The resume button makes the car speed go up. The up and down are just up. and the cancel button dont work at all. Has anyone else had this problem? I dont know if it is the clockspring or the CC buttons. Spending money on something i dont need always sux.

Last edited:
I am having a problem with my cruise control buttons. Its like they are shifted up one. The resume button makes the car speed go up. The up and down are just up. and the cancel button dont work at all. Has anyone else had this problem? I dont know if it is the clockspring or the CC buttons. Spending money on something i dont need always sux.

My 2002 LS did the exact same thing (cancel button did not work, resume button speeds up, etc) and the dealer changed the CC servo and PCM, which did not correct the problem. Finally they changed the clock spring and the cruise control finally worked properly. All the work was done under warranty.

I bet your problem is the clock spring.

Probably the clock spring. Pretty common on these, and the usual symptoms are the cruise/audio controls working incorrectly, and/or the airbag light will come on with a code 32.

Members online

No members online now.
Back