Center arm rest/console lid

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
Mine has been broken since before I got it, but I revamped it, As most of you know, the padded vinyl comes off of these things after a few years... I finally got tired of looking at it and decided to take matters into my own hands and fix it.

I got some general purpose epoxy at the auto parts store and peeled the vinyl away from the lid and put a bunch in there under the lip... and wrapped it in rubber bands...

Then used an epoxy to create new threads in the top of the console lid so the pesky screws wont fall out!

WOW!! it turned out ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!!

Looks almost brand new!!

Now my one problem is, I was using my mark as a pickup truck the other day (I know) and had it full of my '85 mustang GT seats and as I was pulling them out, I whacked the lid and now it wont stay closed very well, if I just barely bump it, it pops open...

As far as I can tell, I think I damage what was left of the button that opens it. Anyone here have the slide-release button thing that the tab always breaks off of? I am going take it back apart and replace that, since it's broke anyway... and wondering if anyone has one from a car they have parted out... It's a first gen with black interior just in case... thanks!

Console Lid

I have the same problem on my "new" purchase. The lid latch is broken on my console cover. Is anyone aware if a gen 2 console lid will fit a gen 1??

Members online

No members online now.
Back