Changing front rotors

xarruda89x

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My front rotors are warped, considering its not even a year old. I guess it was cheap crap, so i've decided to go with drilled and slotted rotors expecially if im going fast on the highway and need braking fast, which has happend time to time, im just sick of the crazy vibration expecially when the rotors get too hot and you want to go onto highway then another highway and getting off, constant braking and its pretty embarressing if you got people in the car and seems like theres an earthquake going on.

Anyway, I'm only doing the front, the back i know are motocraft pads and rotors and there holding up fine. But the front i have no idea what my uncle put there.

But question is, can i just put the drilled and slotted rotors in the front or do i have to do the back aswell ? Eventually i will also intall the back rotors like the front, but money is becomming an issue lately. summer will get better though but i want this takin care of asap.

Just let me know, thanks guys

I know, but im asking if i change the front do i also need to change the back to drilled and slotted as well?

you can just do the front now and then later do the back. now before you do that find out if you have warrenty where you purchased the rotors. autozone,napa or strauss cuz they give you 2 year warrenty it may be as simple as removing them and taking them back for new ones and that will be no cash from your part. and also if he got the brakes from them then you can return that aswell. i have cross drilled rotors that i got from ebay and i got duralast gold pads from autozone and i have no issues with them. alot of these places that sell the package rotors and brakes the brakes are really substandard.

xarruda89x one thing I have always done (hoping to avoid warping) is buy some aggressive brake pads. The cheap pads will be quiet, but to be quiet they are often made of softer materials, creating more heat than the performance pads would. There is always some trade off, the cheap pads...well are cheap, quiet and not "grabby" but will often create more rotor damaging heat in the process. (usually by less pressure for more time.)

I have so far used the hardest performance pads, they growl like crazy the first stop or two after sitting (surface rust on the rotors) but I don't have any warped rotors...On the other hand, the pads eat the rotors nearly as fast as the pads wear, so I will be changing them as a set again.

I don't have the problems with brake fade, just the rust stains on the wheels I have to clean off now and again. In the end, its a matter of preference. I would rather have the touchy brakes with great performance, rather than the dust and warped rotors.

But that's just my 2 cents. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back