Chip And Mass Air

Black98LSC

LVC Member
Reaction score
im tryin to find out how much and how big of a diff it will have on my linc if i chip it n mass air it. its a 94... i no its not like obd2 but can u still gain alot from the chip? ALSO i found the timin spout plug by the master cylinder.... can u change the timing on these like u can on the older 5.0?s cause it looks jus like it

You can't manually change the ignition timing on these motors, this is controlled by the PCM.

yea i thought i couldnt but when i did the master cylinder the other day i seen the spout plug n thought tomyself.. damn thats exactly like on my 86-95 5.0 mustangs i had... but this is distribuatorless lol so im clueless on that point

well on my mustang its the spout plug that u pull when u change the timing, it looks exactly like it.. lil grey chip lookin peice thats under the strut cover on the driveside. in the same harness as the code scanner plug.

I just got a chip, would I see any additional gains on a MAF? I know I would have to have my chip reburned but just curious.

i just had my Maf and chip installed by Geno at Lincolnmotorsport..

i havent taken it to the track or dyno'd it but i have noticed a BIG difference ..

especially on the highway... punching it from the on-ramp onto the highway it frick'n flies..

and believe it or not... my gas mileage has actually gotten better since the install

well worth the money.. In my own..

i just had my Maf and chip installed by Geno at Lincolnmotorsport..

i havent taken it to the track or dyno'd it but i have noticed a BIG difference ..

especially on the highway... punching it from the on-ramp onto the highway it frick'n flies..

and believe it or not... my gas mileage has actually gotten better since the install

well worth the money.. In my own..

Thats the best part of this combo Jim, the MPG gains.
Ususally it is 2.5-3.5 increase, once you stop trompin' on it that is.

Speaking of gas mileage, I noticed when I had my SCT chip with a modified torque converter lockup schedule my gas mileage suffered a lot. With the sniper with no modified torque converter lockup i'm getting excellent gas mileage.

Members online

No members online now.
Back