Climate Control

ssmoparviii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So today I got around to refilling the cooling system and doing an oil change after replacing the oil filter adapter gasket. I noticed during the refilling of the cooling system, when I turned my heater on to fill the heater core, the a/c compressor came on. Is the a/c supposed to come on and if so why does it? It just seems strange.

I know that the ac runs with the defrost but I had it cranked to 90 for heat. Im just interested in why. It works fine just something I noticed

A/C clutch engages with various EATC settings, provided outside temp is above 50 F - probably to keep the in coming air dry. It definitely does NOT engage if the EATC is set to either OFF or VENT.

I was told it comes on to keep the compressor from seizing up from lack of usage during winter months, my mechanic's explanation.

I noticed in auto temp mode, the ac compresser cycles. I had it set for 71 degrees and the outside temp was around 30.
Seems to cold of a temp for the ac to cycle, so I do not use auto mode.

I was told it comes on to keep the compressor from seizing up from lack of usage during winter months, my mechanic's explanation.

If that was the case then everyone in AZ would have to get a new compressor every summer. :slam

Members online

No members online now.
Back