Clutch job questions.

It wasn't purple just a little blue. My neighbor is a mechanic and the next door's landlord is a mechanic and they were both shoveling this morning. I let them take a look and they said the damage wasn't too bad. The coloring was a light blue. No hard spots.

Well how much to turn flywheel? Also it does not look like it needs to be taken apart to be turned.

He was a man of his word he told me it's 60 bucks for 2 step flywheels. Took him twice as long as he thought it would because he had to take his time with the second step and it was a little off so he had to keep resetting the machine and checking it out with his measuring tools. I couldn't believe it he is a great guy. He didn't have to take it apart either even thought it has a rubber piece in the middle. He just used a special clamp through the bolt holes to hold both pieces tightly together.

I think the proper plan of procedure with the flywheel grinding is to find an automotive machine shop. Most transmission shops don't have the space/money to have a complete automotive machine shop. Armand had everything you could imagine.

Pilot bearing is giving me trouble! Ford doesn't sell it without the flywheel so they say. If you check this illustration I need part 7600 but I can't find the right ford part #. They are so damn confusing. I'm trying to find the jaguar part as well.

RenderIllustration.ashx

Clean off the plastic outer ring of the bearing, it has numbers on it. I was not able to see mine without visual enhancement and skipped recording the numbers. It should cross over into something obtainable. And nice work!

Everyone told me to change it out. I do have the part # but I can't get it for 3 days. 1 day shipping is a $100.00! The kit I bought on ebay was suppose to supply it. They're going to pay for the part but I don't think for expedited shipping.

I think the proper plan of procedure with the flywheel grinding is to find an automotive machine shop. Most transmission shops don't have the space/money to have a complete automotive machine shop. Armand had everything you could imagine.[/QUOTE]

Only auto machine shops turn flywheels. Regular machine job shops do not have auto machines. The flywheel turning machines are one job only machines they do nothing else.

Couldn't have said it better myself mark. He had a dedicated machine that was really nice. He definitely knew what he was doing. I will be bringing him my BMW flywheel soon to see if he can resurface that one as well.

Good thing you got it resurfaced because the seller responded and that he was out of stock, probably forever.

Doesn't the V8 come with a 6 speed? I asked the machinist how long it would last he asked me how long I plan on keeping the car. It should last two clutches at least with good driving technique.

Doesn't the V8 come with a 6 speed? I asked the machinist how long it would last he asked me how long I plan on keeping the car. It should last two clutches at least with good driving technique.

Nope.. No stick in the V8.. I wish though..

Does this mean no clutch drops? :D

My pilot bearing just came in last night, was late because of the snow storm.

I just found out that the selector seal I received was for the auto transmission. This sucks. Can't find the part anywhere. Ford is calling back. I got the usual "The LS came with a 5 speed?"

Mechanicboy where did you buy your selector seal from?

My pilot bearing just came in last night, was late because of the snow storm.

I just found out that the selector seal I received was for the auto transmission. This sucks. Can't find the part anywhere. Ford is calling back. I got the usual "The LS came with a 5 speed?"

Mechanicboy where did you buy your selector seal from?

Are you looking for the seal for the shift gear selector?

It was interesting to read the procedure for installing a new gear selector seal. Remove the linkage. slide new seal down shaft, drive into position, pushing the original seal deeper into the transmission. Now if only you could find one. Maybe try Jaguar parts?

What is the actual part number and manufacturer name on your pilot bearing? I am pretty sure that I need one.

Wow I got lucky! I'm about to do the selector seal in my 1999 BMW 323i and I had the part for the BMW, it's common. It happened to be the same exact seal! It fit like a glove, same seal and they both leaked lol. I'm so lucky I had that seal I was calling around for 3 hours. Neither dealer could give me a part number. I remembered people saying they were similar so I gave it a shot.

The pilot bearing was part # F212285. You can order the timken one from Autozone.com.

SO FVCKING HAPPY THE SELECTOR SEAL WAS A PERFECT FIT! :cool::D:p

LOL....i was about to say just look up other vehicles with a getrag tranny and see if the parts will cross over.

Wow I got lucky! I'm about to do the selector seal in my 1999 BMW 323i and I had the part for the BMW, it's common. It happened to be the same exact seal! It fit like a glove, same seal and they both leaked lol. I'm so lucky I had that seal I was calling around for 3 hours. Neither dealer could give me a part number. I remembered people saying they were similar so I gave it a shot.

The pilot bearing was part # F212285. You can order the timken one from Autozone.com.

How about a part number for the selector seal on the BMW?

That's great man. And thanks for the bearing part number. Good luck with the reinstall.

I installed the transmission and bled the brakes. When I went to bleed the clutch the pedal hit the floor and then it didn't come back up. It stayed this way. I even pumped the clutch 20 times before opening the bleeder and no fluid came out of the bleeder. I unattached the hydraulic line from the slave and sure enough no fluid comes out. I think some dirt might have got caught up in the hose or master or there is a kink in the line. It got dark tonight so I'll do pick up tomorrow.

Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

Members online

No members online now.
Back