Cobra Intake Owners

Frogman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
Who would be willing to take the time and tell me what size bolts, nuts, etc the swap required? Or will the hardware from an OEM mark VIII setup work? I would even be willing to pay for your time/knowledge.

Please advise. thanks much.

Ah, found it:

You will need 8 bolts for the upper intake, and 2 shorter bolts for the rear of the intake as the 2nd Gen rear bolts are too long for the Cobra intake, I think they were 10mm x 1.25 pitch, # 45's I used they are about an inch shorter.

i have a question - is it possible to attach the plenum for a cobra intake to a regular gen 1 mark intake?

also - is a cobra intake necessary on a gen 1 if you intend to supercharge? or can you keep the stock gen 1 intake?

i have a question - is it possible to attach the plenum for a cobra intake to a regular gen 1 mark intake?

No, they are different. You need a complete Cobra intake.

also - is a cobra intake necessary on a gen 1 if you intend to supercharge? or can you keep the stock gen 1 intake?

You can use the Mark VIII intake for a blower, no problem. But you'll have to do some fabbing to connect the blower outlet into the Mark VIII intake tube, since there is no direct blower designed to fit the Mark VIII. It's nothing that a Sawz-All and some big-ass hoses couldn't handle. But IMO, the Cobra intake with the tube designed to mate the Cobra intake to the supercharger would be aesthetically better than a hack job. You may also see a few extra horses out of a Cobra intake...

thanks for the answers - agree with you about the aesthetics of this install as well.

i was thinking about buying the blower setup from LMS, does that setup come with a hook up for the Mark VIII intake or is the cobra intake swap preffered?

Members online

No members online now.
Back