Cold Start/Misfire

jtappan

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so first off just wanted to say Hi. I've been trolling the forums for a while now.

Now for the problem with car in my sig, when I first start my car in the morning it barely wants to run. It sounds like it's missing and will die sometimes if I don't put the car in gear. So far I have scanned it and replaced the #1 coil(scanned and had a misfire in cylinder #1) and all plugs. I have replaced the IMT Valve O-rings and the plenium gasket. I have also replaced the cat-convertors. Once the car is warmed up it runs just fine. I'm running out of ideas. Any help is appreciated. :confused:

When you change one coil, change them all and the plugs. That's the first thing everyone on here has done when they've had a misfire. As far as the "cold start" I'm not sure. Welcome to the forum, lots of great people here that are of tremendous help!

Thanks for the quick reply. Yea I changed all plugs but just the coil with the error. Car runs great when warm its just when I first start it in the morning I have this problem.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yea I changed all plugs but just the coil with the error. Car runs great when warm its just when I first start it in the morning I have this problem.

A failing/marginal coil will kill a plug. What type of fuel are you using?

You can put in the best plugs on the market all day & night, if you have bad coils they'll ruin the plugs and you'll have to replace them both.

91 Octane and I've tried 89. Plugs are all new platinums.

It's very important that you check the gap and set it if it is wrong. Out of nearly every set plugs that I have bought, at least one or two had the wrong gap. The correct gap is 1.0mm

Welcome on board jtappan.

Nice rides !

bwd/intermotor coils at advance auto.
they come with a warranty and you should use code 'A123' and buy each coil seperately to maximize your savings.

when is the last time you cleaned the MAF? crc brand maf cleaner would probably help your cause too.

maf and coils fixed the same issue for me

Members online

Back