Common sound

Josh

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a sound coming from somewhere within the engine. I'v heard this on many LS's and just wondering if anybody knows where it could be comming from? It's hard to describe what it sounds like. At first I thought maybe trans, a hose somewhere, or power steering. Anybody have any past experience? Any help welcomed.

Well I can tell you one thing my LS seems to make a new noise everyday lol it just started one yesterday sounds like a loud humm sounds like the tranny bit idk as long as it drives im gonna drive it lol its not that noticable im jsut very particular

Same here dude. I want everything to be perfect. I've been driving mine with the sound for about two years. Everyone I'v taken it to says everything checks out fine, so idk.

Need more information. So far, I think that sound you hear is the engine. does the noise start when you turn the key to Start and then stop when you turn the key to Off? If so, the noise is almost definitely the engine. If the noise gets louder when you turn a knob on the dashboard clockwise and quieter when you turn the knob counter-clockwise then the culprit is most likely the stereo.

I hope this helps. :D

Pick one :D (these are all sounds from the service manual glossary :lol: )

boom
buzz
chatter
chirp
chuckle
click
clonk
clunk
creak
drone
drumming
flutter
grind
hiss
hoot
howl
hum
knock
moan
ping
rattle
rustling
slap
squeak
squeal
tap
thump
whine
whistle

boom
buzz
chatter
chirp
chuckle
click
clonk
clunk

my fuel injectors seem to be clicking alot lately

i get clicks...and taps...and rattles lol

I got one the other day that you guys will hope you never get...

BOOM!

And then your car is out of commission...

The tragic sound of a rod punching a hole through the block.

I got one the other day that you guys will hope you never get...

BOOM!

And then your car is out of commission...

The tragic sound of a rod punching a hole through the block.

I'm guessing it was quickly followed by a

F#$K!

I'm guessing it was quickly followed by a

F#$K!

I think I maybe have had a slightly dumbfounded look with and slight grin. I've never blown up and engine before! Plus I was surprised at how far I coasted!

boom
buzz
chatter
chirp
chuckle
click
clonk
clunk
creak
drone
drumming
flutter
grind
hiss
hoot
howl
hum
knock
moan
ping
rattle
rustling
slap
squeak
squeal
tap
thump
whine
whistle

You forgot bitch, moan, and groan :lol:

i have a ls V8 and it has recently began to whine on start up and acceleration, this only happened after I had to have the power steering pressure line replaced. It has been three days and now I notice the noise even when the car is in idle or cruising without acceleration...what should i do

Members online

Back