Completing Full Exhaust Soon.

StraDog

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
With some good money coming at the end of October, I wanted to start moddin' up the Mark. The car is a daily driver through all seasons, so I am pretty sure I don't want to do gears til prolly early early spring of next year.

I thought completing the exhaust will give it a bit of extra power. As of now I have a 2.5" exhaust with a single X-pipe ending out of Magnaflow SS mufflers. I plan to throw on some Kooks coated headers with SCP high flow cats, while keeping the X-pipe and possibly the Magnaflows. I may decide to throw on the LMS SS mufflers with the single oval tips, since the maganflows are about 2 years old and alittle fcuked up :rolleyes: .

While doing the exhaust, I'm going to throw on some new o2 sensors. I need some help finding some good o2 sensors for a good price, any suggestions ?

I would like to do the exhaust do have that extra sound and additional power. I thought about spending the money on some nice chrome 18's and possibly 13" rotors with Cobra calipers for up front, but I just recently threw on some g-force KDW tires and spent an arm and a leg for em'. :Bang

As far as gears go.. I would love to have em, but the car in the winter sucks as it is, now I think what it would be with 4.10's and it's not a pretty sight. That would then include buying new ultimate snow tires for daily driving for the winter.

So i'm guessing headers-back along with a few other minor mods and tweeks will have to do. Possibly throwing on a ported Cobra intake manifold with the headers, and I'll have a good increase in power. So until then....
some feedback on good o2 sensors and other suggestions for the exhaust will help. I thought about removing the magnaflows for some bullet/magnapack mufflers like MonsterMark and BlackIceLSC put on for less restriction, but the muffs might be good for back pressure. I don't want any popping or annoying sounds for the exhaust.

Sorry for the long post, just had to get some further info to try and make this happen for myself.

:V

Also, Geno keep me posted whenever you do the group buy for the headers.

I didn't hear much about it, so what type of headers are they going to be ?

Kooks coated midlengths ? Keep us posted.

Are you gong to do some intake mods? If not headers are for looks only, there are no big gains unless your going to throw a blower on. Better off getting some 03/04 OEM Cobra manifolds if you want to save some cash while adding some performance. Just my 2 cents.

Members online

No members online now.
Back