computer AIDS

topher5150

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
the girl friends computer has AIDS. an antivirus program has installed it self on her computer. it pops up saying she has 43 viruses on the computer and if you click on it, it tells me that the only to activate the antivirus software is to buy it ($78) and then after about a half hour it gives me the blue screen of death :confused::confused:

the girl friends computer has AIDS. an antivirus program has installed it self on her computer. it pops up saying she has 43 viruses on the computer and if you click on it, it tells me that the only to activate the antivirus software is to buy it ($78) and then after about a half hour it gives me the blue screen of death :confused::confused:

simple fix, goto run-regedit then find the folders-run and run once, delete everything that looks suspicious restart and its done

Those particular types of viruses are hard to get rid of. Just stopping the run entry will not stop it. Once connected to the network, the virus will just restart itself. Download a good and free av program and burn it on a cd from another computer. Disconnect infected computer from network physically (unplug network cable or disable wireless adapter). Install av program from cd and schedule a boot time scan. Reboot and if it finds something, select remove or delete. If it's a critical windows file, windows file protection should replace it with a correct version, most of the time. Let computer start up continue and rescan with it not being on the network. Then connect the network cable and see what happens.

ok its not that easy then, but you click on windows, then the menu to the right youll see "run" open that and then type "regedit" then click open that leads you to the registry where you have to edit somethings to get back to normal

tried that and all it gave me was SECURITY TOOL: rededit.exe is infected with worm Lsas.Blaster.Keyloger. This worm is trying to send your credit card details using regedit.exe to connect to remote host

I also, forgot to mention, I tried to defragment it and wipe the hard drive and it gives that same thing that I mentioned above

First thing I would do is goggle registry cleaners.
Select one, and download it.
They are usually free.
Once you have it installed, click on it's desktop icon.
It will show you new and old software, and files.
Remove anything you don't recognize, especially if it is someting new.
Run the full gamit of registry cleaner.
The program should show you software, start up files, back up files etc.
Look at everything, and remove what you don't recognize.
Next, google Dr. delete, and download the free program.
Look through your c drive for files that don't appear to be anything that has to do with the operating system.
The file you will be looking for should have exe after it.
When you find it, right click it and copy it.
Now, open up the Dr delete program, and paste the file name you copied into the box, then click on delete.
Re boot the computer and you shoukld be ok.
Bob.

some are easy some are tougher, i think its bullcrap how they do this to us, but you avoid it by not clicking on suspicious things, if your still connected to the internet, you must disconnect first, then the virus has stopped working because it needs the internet to work.

Does it look like the xp security center?

I got that the other day, its a party to fix.
I found the .exe file, killed it and ran system restore in safe mode to kill it off.
It was nasty....thought it was format time.

Sounds to me like you have the common virus that is going around at the moment, I've seen it several times on multiple machines. The virus is actually coming through advertisements on webpages. Doesn't matter what webpage you're on.

Here is a download to a zip file that should contain all the tools you need to get your computer fixed.

Here are the instructions you need to get your computer cleaned.

Step 1
Run one of these depending on the software, running all 3 doesn't matter they all do the same just are named different because some can detect them, rkill.com, explorer.exe, Iexplore.exe

Step 2

Run fix.reg, this will repair the file associations that get damaged when malware application is installed

Step 3 run mbam-setup choose update then run the scan. "yes they need internet access at this point but the app does not spread computer to computer in a networking way just use best judgement"

Chances are if a person is complaining that they are getting a ton of virus, security, firewall pop up warning messages in their control panel at the bottom of their computer they have this.

some of the evil names this app uses are:
Although this is not considered a virus but a malicious program it does rewrite your registry and kill your desktop from running!!
Win7Antispyware2010 http://www.spywareremove.com/removeWin7Antispyware2010.html
Personal Security http://www.spywareremove.com/removePersonalSecurity.html

These viruses actually change the file extensions on the machine to prevent you from running applications that will remove it. Once you get the virus process killed, then you can run the registry fix and proceed with cleaning the machine.

Good Luck!

This is the easiest method for the novice computer user! Safe mode will get the job done too but is not always the easiest for the typical computer user.

my computer got a nasty virus had to by a new hard drive and then use a dock to get some stuff of the old drive

OK its not that easy then, but you click on windows, then the menu to the right you'll see "run" open that and then type "regedit" then click open that leads you to the registry where you have to edit somethings to get back to normal

Not saying your not familiar with people and regedit!! but.... as a IT pro in a local hospital, Never send any novice user into the registry.... Sudden and almost guaranteed death..

Start with this first..
quick document i put together for the guys at the office for them to clean older pc's and newer ones alike..

Attachments

• AntiVirus Removal.doc
    137 KB · Views: 234
I have experience the same.One day it happened with me.I was so shocked to know the my system is having virus.As i already have a anti virus software in the system.So then i came to know that by mistake maybe your girlfriend must have opened a site.so this pop up is coming every time.Nothing to worry just dont install the program.

HID Xenon Conversion Kit

its so easy to fix first go get the biggest hammer you own, then take your pc out to the driveway and proceed to bash the crap out of the box, next get on www.apple.com and pick out one of the machines from them and forget about viruses all together. problem solved!!!!

I have experience the same.One day it happened with me.I was so shocked to know the my system is having virus.As i already have a anti virus software in the system.So then i came to know that by mistake maybe your girlfriend must have opened a site.so this pop up is coming every time.Nothing to worry just dont install the program.

HID Xenon Conversion Kit

David listed his zip code as Folsom, CA- but in his profile he says he's from Alabama.
In actuality, he's posting from India.

Bye David.

Members online

Back