Cooling issue, sorry in advance!

edmarquez08

LVC Member
Reaction score
hi sorry to start a new post but i have searched and searched and i have this problem going on for a month now.:mad:

i have a 05 v8 sport
i have been having a cooling issue for the past month. the car is not over heating but it is running hot.
i have my scan tool plugged in and it runs around 230-34 after i dive it for about 30 mins to an hr. it only runs hot while idling once i get moving the the temp goes down to normal. heater works on both sides, a/c works good on both sides. aux pump work b/c when i shut the car off with temp high the pump keeps running for 5 mins or so.

i replaced these in july:
degas and cap
t-stat and housing
coolant crossover
filler neck
belt

replaced this month:
radiator(spectra)
t-stat again(motorad)
degas and cap again.(dorman)
and cross over. (oem)
water pump(autozone aka airtex)

followed bleed procedure to the T every time.
use prestone extended life 50/50 everytime.(green)

i have pressure tested system and cap and they hold at 16 psi
i see no leaks or coolant loss

i need help because i am at wits end! thanks in advance

You missed a few of the common problem plastic parts, and the Dorman degas bottle was a very bad idea. You'll be having big problems in a few months at best.

Anyway, apart from those two possible (and probable) causes, what's your cooling fan doing? Is it running at all? It is running very hard when you see the 230+ temperatures?

You missed a few of the common problem plastic parts, and the Dorman degas bottle was a very bad idea. You'll be having big problems in a few months at best.

Anyway, apart from those two possible (and probable) causes, what's your cooling fan doing? Is it running at all? It is running very hard when you see the 230+ temperatures?

the fan works you can hear it speed up as the temp starts to rise

the engine sounds and feels fine, it revs and accels smooth.

i know i already had to replace the dorman cap and tank once! the one i have is new now, but still dorman

I'd go ahead and replace the remaining plastic cooling system parts, including the hoses that have plastic sections. I'd also replace the degas and thermostat with Motorcraft or Jaguar parts.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?91092-GenII-LS8-Cooling-System-Overhaul

i have replaced all the parts on the thread. i am not seeing any leaks or smell anti freeze any where.

i simply don't know, the only thing i can think of is the coolant temp sensor is going out or the cyl head temp sensor is bad.

Hate to ask the most obvious and dumb question but.... did you bleed the system according to the tech article above? To the letter?

Members online

No members online now.
Back