COP's and Coils or Tranny issues???

I'm pretty sure they are, but i dont know. I hav eonly put 5k miles on the car since I've owned it. I will be buying coils as soon as I can just to be safe, than I'll be buying a new valve body and solenoid pack as well...just to be sure. I just was wanting info on the situation, and that I got. Thank you everybody for your posts that helped me understand more about my car!!

So just to follow up, I just changed the coils today. It only took like 2 hours to do but when I drove into town to go test drive to see if it got rid of the previous problem or not, it was runnin really rough at stops. I suspected a misfire, and thats exactly what it was. Went to an auto parts store to have them hook it up and see what cylinder it was so I didn't have to guess and it was cylinder 5. So i putted it home and ripped apart the right side and checked the COP and the spring that was in the boot was not hooked to it, so i reconnected it and figured that would solve the problem. Think again, still was misfiring, so i ripped the bastard apart again and just pulled it out and threw one of my old COP's in and voila. So far there hasn't been any jerking at all in 5th gear like it was doing at low RPM's before, but I'm gonna keep an eye on it and see how it goes. Thanks very much for all your help guys and I will post back in a week or so and let ya know if it really did solve the problem of the shaking from 5th gear. Thanks again guys!!!!!

So just to follow up, I just changed the coils today. It only took like 2 hours to do but when I drove into town to go test drive to see if it got rid of the previous problem or not, it was runnin really rough at stops. I suspected a misfire, and thats exactly what it was. Went to an auto parts store to have them hook it up and see what cylinder it was so I didn't have to guess and it was cylinder 5. So i putted it home and ripped apart the right side and checked the COP and the spring that was in the boot was not hooked to it, so i reconnected it and figured that would solve the problem. Think again, still was misfiring, so i ripped the bastard apart again and just pulled it out and threw one of my old COP's in and voila. So far there hasn't been any jerking at all in 5th gear like it was doing at low RPM's before, but I'm gonna keep an eye on it and see how it goes. Thanks very much for all your help guys and I will post back in a week or so and let ya know if it really did solve the problem of the shaking from 5th gear. Thanks again guys!!!!!

Do yourself a favor and do ALL the coils and plugs. Otherwise you'll doing them all one at a time anyway.

Members online

No members online now.
Back