couple short videos of the HID's

turborich

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just one quick thing to point out, If your lights only flicker or wont stay light up, this might be the issue. The ballast are not getting a good enough ground. Simply ground the ballast directly to the chassis of the car & all should be fine.

I recently figured this out on my friends 94 & a member on this site was having the same issue, so it may be a fairly common problem. Even though the bracket is grounded to the car it doesn't always make a good enough contact to the ballast itself.

Just trying to save anyone this headache in the future.

Ya! What he said! ^^^^ Very important precaution, unless you want tears and head aches like i had! Lol. Thanks again for the advice turborich! :)

Yeah, the earthing is easy. Basically involves connecting earth wires from the metal ballast boxes to good chasis grounds. (or if you are lazy like me, directly to the battery negative)

Yeah, either way it's a snap. The HID retrofit is really easy as well. If you can change a light bulb & hook up a very basic car stereo then you can easily do this as well. I would say that the most important thing is to pay close attention to the polarity of the power going into the ballast. It seems the plug can go in either way.

It's a great improvment to your night vision, If your housings are newer or refinished then it's even better!!!

I would agree with kustomizingkid's statement.:p :N

Hey, the first car in the vid kinda looks like mine (LOL):D

rich 409.jpg

Looks great I can not wait to this on my 94. Im waitin to cut the headlight open and clean the inside and outside then install the HID's. I installed a set on the family car, 99 Accord. I went with the 4300 kit, my fiance drove the car at night and loves it.

I think you will want to do more than just clean them out, Sal. Especially when you see the state of the chrome, particularly around the back of the low beam!

Yeah, the earthing is easy. Basically involves connecting earth wires from the metal ballast boxes to good chasis grounds. (or if you are lazy like me, directly to the battery negative)

no, i said EAZY. like eazy e straight outta compton

I think you will want to do more than just clean them out, Sal. Especially when you see the state of the chrome, particularly around the back of the low beam!

I am def going to address the no chrome left situation as well.

I think that once you have them apart you should clean them, remove the diffuser thingy & apply some metalized chrome tape on the inside in small strips so it's easy to work with. You will really enjoy the results as long as you take your time.

You can pretty much see that the heat reflects off of the diffuser & burns the rear top or the housings.

Good Luck!!!:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back