Crazy auto Climate control

1luckyLSOwner

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 LS V8 and I have just loved this car. I have had it two years now and have had to redo the valve cover Gaskets due to leaking and replace the thermostate and coolant jar. Now, a new problem has come up. I have duel auto climate control. I the last three weeks it has been working great for about the first 15 to 20 minutes of driving then the driver side heat turns on (because it feels hotter than the outside air) and cooks me. The pasanger side continues to run cold with no change. If I turn off the motor and let it sit for a few minutes, it starts to work fine again for about 20 minutes then starts to put out heat again on driver side.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on and how I may remedy it with out spending $600 or $700 at the dealer? They just kill ya with the labor cost.

Help!!!!!!!

This is a problem that can be fixed. It happened on my LS. There is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) on this problem. Here it is:

A/C - Lack of Cooling From Driver/Passenger Vents
Article No.
03-3-4

02/17/03

CLIMATE CONTROL - LACK OF COOLING FROM
DRIVER AND/OR PASSENGER SIDE VENT -
VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH DUAL AUTOMATIC
TEMPERATURE CONTROL (DATC) ONLY

FORD:
2002 THUNDERBIRD

LINCOLN:
2000-2002 LS

Article 00-15-3 is being republished in its entirety to update the models covered and to update the Basic Causal Part number.

ISSUE

Some vehicles may exhibit a lack of A/C cooling from either the driver or passenger side vents or an extreme temperature difference between the driver and passenger side on vehicles with DATC (Dual Automatic Temperature Control): This may be caused by a faulty DCCV (Dual Coolant Control Valve), a faulty DATC control assembly, or faulty electrical circuits.

ACTION

Inspect and service as necessary, electrical circuits, DCCV and DATC control assembly. Refer to the following Service Procedure to aid in diagnosis and repair.

i had this same problem, but it went away? at least it hasnt come back for a week or two, but i havent driven for an extended period of time w/ the a/c on for a while. Does a TSB mean that the dealer should fix it without outrages charges? or is it just a write up of a recognized problem.

Mine did it for a week so i took it in for them to check. They said everything was fine of course and that there was no problem.

Well its been 2-3 months and it hasnt come back. Score 1 for the little guy.

Can anyone post a diagram showing the DCCV (dual control coolant valve)? I have looked high and low and I'll be damned if I can find it!

The DCCV (at least on an '02 V8) is located on passenger side between radiator and engine block, way down low. It has approximately 5 water hoses attached to it.

vellis said:
The DCCV (at least on an '02 V8) is located on passenger side between radiator and engine block, way down low. It has approximately 5 water hoses attached to it.

Thanks!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back