Crazy Ls

RENZIE LS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
IS IT JUST ME OR WAS THERE A ROUSH LINCOLN LS MADE SOMEWHERE? I SWEAR I SAW IT ON THIS FORUM ABOUT THREE MONTHS AGO. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT?

any idea of what exhaust they used on that ls? it sounds really aggressive.:D

Quik LS said:
http://www.llsoc.com/V2R1/OLOA/default.asp

Roush engine in a LS, developed and driven by LS engineers.....

Quik...you aren't going to believe this, but the Lincoln engineers DID build a LS with a supercharged 4.6 AND the 5.0 Cammer engine. But througout the entire projects of both cars, not ONCE did they walk across the hall to SVT and ask for their input. Lincoln decided that these projects weren't feasible due to drivability and other installment issues. The thing that really amazed the SVT boys was they do this sort of thing every day! They have the tuning and packaging expertise like nobody else in Ford. Yet at no time did they ever ask for help! Can you imagine the success they could have had with a SVT Lincoln LS? SVT was drooling over the prospect. The Lincoln boys let their egos get in the way of what the public would have loved to have. Someone up the line should have stepped in and done the right thing.

By the way, this information came in a public interview with SVT.

Yeah - I read the same interview. Many of the LLSOC members actuals saw and rode in those LSes at a 'LS Mania' event a few years back.

Lincoln had very high hopes for the platform.....

Know where one might be able to find that public information?

It's useless to build a one off SVT LS or a one with a Roush motor in it... the line is dead. Lincoln would rather build SUV's at this point. Ford fans were always voicing their optimism to have a hi-po sports sedan built by SVT but it never came thanks to the corporation. Hence, they'll stick with the Cobra, the Lightning, and the uh, ummm Focus... ughhhh. With those cars on the SVT plate, they weren't about to take on another production line. The only thing they may do in the future is something on the Fusion platform. Yeah, we'd all like to see a SVT LS, but who here would've bought one (or could've afforded one) if they did make it. Who here own's anything SVT or Roush for that matter.

Had a lightning now have a cobra convert. I would have loved to have a SVT LS but i agree how many people would have bought a Lincoln 4-door race car?? SVT is stuck on the 2-door type market thats what they are known for and thats what the niche is! I think they would have done the car but as a concept and failed it from there! I am glad to see that they did do some type of performance LS even if it was just for a race and some publicity!

Haven't ever posted but had to with this one. I had two Contour SVTs... They were awesome. But the LS is an upgrade. The SVT site doesn't really even recognize the Contour SVT but it was a great car. I would have bought an SVT LS if one became available.

From what I've read, SVT has a performance version of everything Ford builds. In conjunction with Roush, they had actually developed a killer T-Bird SVT in the mid-'90s, but the project got killed (by the death of the T-Bird) as soon as they got the bugs ironed out. It used the 4.6L DOHC, and it didn't suffer from the overheating problems that plagued the Cobras of the same vintage.

Part of the problem (which the new head of SVT has vowed to fix) is that SVT was treated more as a "tuner" operation within Ford, when they needed to be involved in the design process. That's why there's no Lightning on the new F-series platform; they were excluded from (or, at least, not included in) the design process, so, at this point, they can't do it economically. As he put it, it's easy to build performance into a $100K car; the trick is to do it in a $20K car.

But, again, from what I've read, there wouldn't have been an SVT LS regardless, as SVT was supposed to be (and still is) Ford-brand only. As for SVT engineers being surprised that the LS engineers would try to develop mod-motor performance, all I can say to that is "nuts"--they should know better. If you'd developed the LS, would you turn it over to some other group for performance development? Me neither.

It has nothing to do with arrogance; it's what engineers do. That's how they progress in their profession--they push the boundaries, doing things they've not done before.

Members online

No members online now.
Back