custom built sub box and subs for sale

Cbecker1994Vlll

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know technically this isn't where for sale ads go:shifty: , but its custom built for the mark so.....

I am selling my custom built subbox with 2 12" subwoofers that is built to fit under the rear deck in a Mark Vlll. it is a down firing design that is ported firing into the back seat. the box is not carpeted yet but can be if desired, i was origanlly going to black vinyl wrap it with a raised CobraStar in it. The subwoofers are 12" Power Bass Xtreme series. They have a 900W max (very underrated) and a 500W-750WRMS. i am running 650W effiecent watts to them. they are also a dual voice coil design and runs at 4 ohms. bottom line these things beat hard as :q:q:q:q:headbang: . it makes my speedometer jump when i am sitting still. asking price is $400 for setup it comes together and wont be sold seperatly. the subs retail for $225. the box would run way more then $200 to have it built professionally, i only paid 50 so I am not going to rape someone on it. and this is not some slapped together box. Myself i am a carpenter and the other builder is a pro. car audio installer. so its not like we didn't know what we were doing, we build stuff to make our livings. I will post pictures tommorow
so anyways

asking price again is $400 or i would trade for a nitrous kit:nos: . again it will be sold complete not seperatly

heres the pics

the pics

mark Vlll subbox1.gif

mark Vlll subbox2.gif

mark Vlll subbox3.gif

mark Vlll subbox4.gif

mark Vlll subbox5.gif

i screwed up the subs retail for 250 a piece. my friend that helped build and install the system thinks i am crazy for not charging at least 600 for the set up. soo this is one hell of a deal on it.
pm me if interested or have any questions

vbpgimage.php

GET BIG! lol And 400 is a good price but I would like to see somewhere that says those subs cost 250 cause my Kickers will outbang those anyday and I spent half the money which would be ridiculous because Kicker is one of the most expensive car audio dealers out there

i've always wanted to get a system but, i 1. dont know sh!t about systems, and 2. dont know what i should spend where. i would jump at this, but im looking at a '97 silverado and im trying to save a little more cash to buy it.

KainDTE said:
vbpgimage.php

GET BIG! lol And 400 is a good price but I would like to see somewhere that says those subs cost 250 cause my Kickers will outbang those anyday and I spent half the money which would be ridiculous because Kicker is one of the most expensive car audio dealers out there

man the only kicker sub that is going to out bang these is the L7 model. i have been in the car audio game for the past 11 years and the only thing kicker is, is expensive. unless you go with the L7. and 250 a sub is cheap for subs.

KainDTE said:
vbpgimage.php

that is a nice setup you got there though looks clean.:D

those are nice and the box is great and i would be interested if they were around 200-250.

why are they fireing up?
I use to have my W7 fireing up and my sunroof stoped working....haha

just wondering why you have it custome built so they fire up?

I can't stand driving around in my GF's car mainly because it doesn't have subwoofers. I need to feel the bass . 6x9's suck.

KainDTE said:
vbpgimage.php

whoever told you that was totally wack! I have a set of components in the box that is worth more than most total systems. Kicker can be had at any Best Buy and they are a great mid level audio company. I used to deal in Kicker, we loved the product cause you can get into the kicker brand relatively CHEAP but still retain decent sound. Believe it or not, there are actual competitors here on this board, and one (me) who is qualified for the USAC World Finals in KC this year, along with being a member of the Focal SQ Team. I think his box design and the subs will beat really hard. The price is a good price for what you are getting.

Bump for a good deal.

btw, those components I spoke of....try looking up prices on the Focal No7 Be

I don't deal in competition anything lol I am straight up street class and I have never been beaten by anyone on the street... And Kicker is very expensive compared to most other audio places mainly there amps... Which cannot be bought in best buy, only the subs can be

I have ONE Kicker S12L7 in my trunk, in a sealed box pushing 450w RMS.... I've never been in a car with TWO subs that was louder.

Cbecker1994Vlll said:
they fire down man.

oh in the pic u had it looked liek they were fireing up, n/m.....

i dont think ive ever heard subs fire down, that a good idea....

Lugi20 said:
I have ONE Kicker S12L7 in my trunk, in a sealed box pushing 450w RMS.... I've never been in a car with TWO subs that was louder.

thats because the L7 series is :q:q:q:qing bad man,i have a friend with 2 12"L7s in a older buick regal and it gets stupid loud. something to the tune of 151db

Cbecker1994Vlll said:
for anyone who is curious the subs and box hit 147db off of the dash. for you none car audio people that is loud as hell

i was planing on gettin 2 kickers but...

what is a difference of 4 db??
not very much i am assuming?

off had do u know about how meny db a 10W7 JL would be? about i know its kidna a hard question

and the whole set for 400 w/o amp and how much for carpeting if you do that ?

4db is not a huge difference at lower volumes, but at higher volumes, 4 db means alot.

ok, Thx

yea i though it wouldetn be directly proportional

thx

so 4 db there would be approx 140% louder?

Members online

No members online now.
Back