Custom paint ideas - give me yours

Kevin

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The black paint on my 2000 isn't looking all that great any more, and the deck lid is missing about 10" square of paint in a few spots.

Here's what I'm thinking of doing, but am open to suggestions:

2 tone, red (wine) on top, and front bumper area. Dark silver (almost gunmetal) from the top of the front wheel to the tip of the rear 1/4 fender.

Then, the wheels would be powdercoated that same wine red.

And, it would all have a pearl finish.

And instead of the red I'm thinking about sunset orange, popular on the GM's.

Anybody with photoshop skills feel like taking a swing at this?

That sounds like a cool idea.

I've always liked a good two tone over flames or stripes. I wanted to do a two tone black over blue on my truck, but then sold it for the LS. Not sure if I'll stick with blue or go to a pearl when I decide to paint this car.

baby blue/silver metallic ghost flames.. engulfin' the whole car.. with a lady on the back flippin you off.. but with a * over the middle finger.. ;)

Yeah, but I'm not going to spend 5k on a paint job.

I'm talking simple two tone, something that isn't going to cost that much more than a single color.

What I'm looking for it simple, yet attractive paint job ideas. Like color combos, where the line should go, etc. Maybe a solid bluish silver w/orange stripes down the car?

Something like this?

twotone1.jpg

Thanks Ken, good to see you too. Kevin asked for painted wheels in his first post, so that's what he got baby! :biggrin:

I think a black car with some ghost flames would be HOTT!! :Beer

Right Lou?

whats the name of the program you use, if you dont mind me asking...

GrayGhost1 said:
Well, not exactly ghost flames but it does look cool!

Had to google "ghost flames" to figure it out. Got it confused with a nother member talking about "true fire." I'm not on the ball today... caught a cold last night.

mholhut said:
OK, ghost flames...
Now your screaming!! I would love to do that to my car! I'm such a Street Rod guy that I just love that old muscle car feel. Thanks Mike!

GrayGhost1 said:
Now your screaming!! I would love to do that to my car! I'm such a Street Rod guy that I just love that old muscle car feel. Thanks Mike!

Let me change the color of the car, Ken. Then you'll be all set. Won't be able to get the metalic look, but close enough. I'll post it up in a minute....

Ok, two minutes...

ghost2.jpg

mholhut said:
Let me change the color of the car, Ken. Then you'll be all set. Won't be able to get the metalic look, but close enough. I'll post it up in a minute.
Cool! Just leave the color of the flames as what you have up top. That would be a true ghost flame. My painter can do this type of painting and he said he could get it to where you would only see it in certain light.

Ken, I edited my previous post with the new image. Don't wanna kill the dial-uppers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back