Custom paint ideas - give me yours

mholhut said:
Ken, I edited my previous post with the new image. Don't wanna kill the dial-uppers.
YES!! That is exactly what I'm looking at doing. Of course the color of the car is a tad lighter than mine but it's right on. I've been thinking hard about doing this before the NOPI show in Atlanta this year. You may have confirmed what I've been thinking about. Damn you Mike!! LOL!! :Beer

Mike, you rock!

Thanks for the PS jobs, you're gonna come in handy around here :). How do you like L vs C so far?

The ghost flame job is wicked, but I'm wondering how easy/difficult that'd be to paint? Anything that requires alot of extra work is going to cost alot of cash - and I'm only looking to spend about $2500 max, which is tax free (I know a guy).

Old Glory is out, it looks sharp - but I'm a Canuck.

Ghost flames - very nice, am going to give serious consideration, the light silver looks great. No sweat about the lack of metalic/pearl. I wonder what color to do the wheels with though (solid black?).

Orange/Red w/Silver 2 tone - beautiful, but I'm wondering if you could turn that orange into a Candy Red, with a bluish grey? I'm liking the idea of candy red wheels.

Flames? Nah, looks good in the picture, but can't imagine the work involved to paint that. Plus I'd start getting speeding tickets looking like that :D.

Oh, I'd love chrome wheels, but am not willing to spend the money on them. Stockers repainted will have to do.

Thanks again for the work Mike!

mholhut said:
"Ol' Glory"...

wow. thanks! I have not been keeping an eye on this thread and was hoping that someone with artistic abaility would do this. I am convinced this is the paint I will pursue when the black paint has to go. I will go with the darker blue and red but I love the way the stries seem to be waving in the wind.

I did not think it would look as nice as it does waving like that. Would you do a darker blue/red with straight line for me? Thanks in again. I could not draw a stickman with a good straight edge and a sharp #2 pencil and I am even worse in photoshop.

I have a small paint shop that just recently did a ghost flame job on a Honda. Don't like the car, but the paint was sweet. I was thinking of the same, but I need to spend the money elsewhere right now.

Damn new house.

Damn wedding.

Damn family.

Life is killing me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back