Custom Trunk Set ups

decibels5, i love that setup. how much did it cost you. the only thing that i would like to see different on that setup though is access to the spare tire

yeah those RE's are no joke. i saw this guy pounding four 18's on his 2001 tahoe. (went and got the link 4 yall) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=42

this guy had to put stress bars inside his enclosure because it was knockin' so hard. i would settle with one of these but i'm sure it won't fit as i have tried fittin' an 18" X type kicker in my trunk b4. it wus runnin' for like 800 back then. i'm really lookin' to purchase an RE, and upgrade my amps as well as alternator and add a second battery on relay. or maybe a couple of 15's. either way i want more bass. this guy is almost hittin' the 160 tho, that's ridiculous. hope yall liked the videos

decibels5, i love that setup. how much did it cost you. the only thing that i would like to see different on that setup though is access to the spare tire

its easier than you think, everything is pressure fitted except for the top piece, all comes out like a puzzle.

yeah those RE's are no joke. i saw this guy pounding four 18's on his 2001 tahoe. (went and got the link 4 yall) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=42

this guy had to put stress bars inside his enclosure because it was knockin' so hard. i would settle with one of these but i'm sure it won't fit as i have tried fittin' an 18" X type kicker in my trunk b4. it wus runnin' for like 800 back then. i'm really lookin' to purchase an RE, and upgrade my amps as well as alternator and add a second battery on relay. or maybe a couple of 15's. either way i want more bass. this guy is almost hittin' the 160 tho, that's ridiculous. hope yall liked the videos

Yeah man thats the video that helped me decide to get the RE sub.. that is sick you cant even sit in his truck lol.. but like i said MOJO BABYYYYY lol... i was going to do 2 15 RE i may just do it later but for now once this box is carpeted and the beauty board installed to make it look all nice and pretty lol.. like decibels5's install i will get board with it tear it all out and put 2 15's in it lol.. let me know which RE's you decide to get.

i'm thinkin' of gettin' the 2 15" re's mt. and maybe runnin' them with a 2000 rockford fosgate amp. i've never had one of those amps but i've heard good things. i've always depended on jl audio mono blocks but 1000 rms doesn't seem like it would kick this like it should. and of course my most wanted upgrade is the bigger alternator and the 2nd battery. i know that mojo knocks as well but i never see anyone selling them. last time i saw one was on ebay and that was for an amp with less wattage. i wish on a video file you could actually hear how it sounds but once you upload the video it will sound distorted because of the hertz differencial. i have to buy one to know how it really sounds. well good luck and i can't wait to see the set-up.

decibles.. whats that between the two speakers on the beauty board? camera?

yep, thats the temporary spot for the camera, until I find a good water proof, swivel, right colored, right sized camera. this one would have been perfect for where i actually wanted it, if it was weatherproof.

u want to be able to pop ur trunk and have ppls face displayed on the tv's on ur trunk? i can think of a few idea's.. i actually saw a camera that was waterproof, wireless, and had night vision.. pretty cheap.. i think it was 170 for two camera's and the receiver for it..

Not really a custom trunk, but theres a false floor and custom sql box.

DSC00751.jpg

amp1.JPG

Man Now I want to put my 4 Polk DB+ 12's an Orion HCCA-275 (moded to handle 0.25 OHM) and my Epicenter (moded to output 24V to the amp) In my lincoln.

ok ill throw in a few. dig my first "finish panel" lol hey it was free, its the plastic cover at the front of the trunk. it "was" (notice bottom piece bowed out) taped to the box with double sided tape the LVC is off of a Lincoln Navigator (like the one at the very top of the page, on the lvc banner)
but dont worry i got a couple big ole pieces of tinted plexi glass at work :D

speaker box 1.jpg

speaker box 2.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Back