Custom V6 KKM Intake

ridinprettyls

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am new to the sight, and fairly new to my K3 LS V6, but I have been talking with Ken from LSKoncepts.com and he has been talking to Warren at KKM. To make a long story short, Warren said he would make a custom intake for the V6 if there were 20-30 pre-paid orders. The V6 are the same price as the V8 at $134.95 plus shipping. If anyone has questions/interested please let me know.
JB

Yes! You are the only person with a v6. Wixom made a one off car that was a test car with a v6 in it. And you just happened to buy it! LOL

I would reccommend that you install the eRam electric supercharger in the stock intake tube. They claim this is good for 30hp!

Hey welcome man. I think there are intakes from KKM for 03 and up V6s. I have a 01 V6 and I got an intake from KKM for $90 and then I got a steel CAI from the LLSOC for $289, the difference was noticable and the sound that it made was really nice, but I got annoyed with it soon and put the stock stuff back in. Maybe later I'll put it back together, don't know yet.

Unless you are into car shows and displaying your car then the intake isnt nearly worth that much money. There are FREE mods that you can do yourself to your intake that will yield the same results as any intake you can buy. Maybe you arent into doing that kind of thing and thats cool. I will totally agree that a nice shiny aluminum intake looks alot nicer than factory black plastic, but again, its all cosmetics. Dont be fooled into thinking that the intake will create your V6 into a big powerplant. Buy it because it looks good. As far as sound, it would be loud and get annoying, not befitting of a Lincoln.

Most of you are missing the point to this thread. The intake on the 2003-2005 V6 LS is set up just like the 2003-2006 V8 LS with one small difference. This means the MAF is integrated into the intake tube. Hence, to make a KKM set up like the V8 the IAT sensor housing will have to be integrated into the intake tube. Basically, all of the 2003-2006 V8 LS owners that have gotten the KKM set up for their will understand this difference on the 00-02 KKM setup. KKM has not made the 03 and up setup for the V6 guys because the IAT housing is different than the V8 setup. Is everybody still with me?

So, with that being said KKM doesn't want to make a V6 intake kit unless there is some demand for it and they want at least 30 pre-paid orders before they make it.

For information purposes, the V6 and V8 KKM intakes for the 2000-2002 LS are the exact same. They just have different part numbers to track the sales of each.

GrayGhost1 said:
Most of you are missing the point to this thread. The intake on the 2003-2005 V6 LS is set up just like the 2003-2006 V8 LS with one small difference. This means the MAF is integrated into the intake tube. Hence, to make a KKM set up like the V8 the IAT sensor housing will have to be integrated into the intake tube. Basically, all of the 2003-2006 V8 LS owners that have gotten the KKM set up for their will understand this difference on the 00-02 KKM setup. KKM has not made the 03 and up setup for the V6 guys because the IAT housing is different than the V8 setup. Is everybody still with me?

So, with that being said KKM doesn't want to make a V6 intake kit unless there is some demand for it and they want at least 30 pre-paid orders before they make it.

For information purposes, the V6 and V8 KKM intakes for the 2000-2002 LS are the exact same. They just have different part numbers to track the sales of each.
By "intake" are you meaning the air filter portion or the actual intake tubing ?

Fla02LS said:
By "intake" are you meaning the air filter portion or the actual intake tubing ?
In this case with the 2003-2005 V6 LS, both. They are integrated into one unit on the KKM kit.

GrayGhost1 said:
In this case with the 2003-2005 V6 LS, both. They are integrated into one unit on the KKM kit.
ok, because i have noticed the pre '03 V6 & V8 intake tubing is a totally different configuration, but the bolt on air filter should be the same right ?

filters are different sizes only as far as mounting diameter and length of filter..... I did not know that there was a difference in the pipe work for the newer ls!!! I only know whats under the hood mine and other pre 03 sorry for not adding anything usefull!! OPPS :slam

Fla02LS said:
ok, because i have noticed the pre '03 V6 & V8 intake tubing is a totally different configuration, but the bolt on air filter should be the same right ?
The only thing that is the same on the 00-02 KKM kit and the 03-06 KKM kit is the filter itself. Everything else is different on the two models.

GrayGhost1 said:

Thanks...oh yeah by the way got my hoen H11 lights in yesterday....look amazing.

Fla02LS said:
Unless you are into car shows and displaying your car then the intake isnt nearly worth that much money. There are FREE mods that you can do yourself to your intake that will yield the same results as any intake you can buy. Maybe you arent into doing that kind of thing and thats cool. I will totally agree that a nice shiny aluminum intake looks alot nicer than factory black plastic, but again, its all cosmetics. Dont be fooled into thinking that the intake will create your V6 into a big powerplant. Buy it because it looks good. As far as sound, it would be loud and get annoying, not befitting of a Lincoln.

What are these mods and where do I go to do these "free" mods?

ridinprettyls said:
What are these mods and where do I go to do these "free" mods?
They're in your garage, made with simple tools. You can remove the baffles that quiet the 'sound' that your lookin for. Remove the bottom of the airbox and it'll breath just as easy as a cone filter. The stock intake tubing allows for more airflow than the throttle body can use.

Members online

No members online now.
Back