Damn alarm...

Sal329

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
How can I disconnect this PITA? Is there a fuse I can pull? A wire I can cut? This things goes off for no reason. Last night I had to leave my key in the door lock cyl to keep the alarm off. It is a 94 Mark.

How can I disconnect this PITA? Is there a fuse I can pull? A wire I can cut? This things goes off for no reason. Last night I had to leave my key in the door lock cyl to keep the alarm off. It is a 94 Mark.

Sal, you need to get a keyless remote. You must don't have one. When you don't have the keyless remote, and you lock the car with the lock unlock button, the Anti-Theft will arm and then go off. So, get one off Ebay, they are everywhere. Until you get a keyless remote, you will have to lock the car with the key, or just push the locks down manually.

The keyless arms it too, does it not? It does on mine. The only way I can lock my door is to push the door lock plunger down. If I use my key, remote or keypad - it arms.

Oh, and if its going off for no reason, check the hood sensor. I think you can un-plug it. Passenger side, along the fender.

I unplugged the sensor it still goes off. The car is not even locked and the damn alarm still goes off.

You can lock it via plunger, then it wont go off since it wont arm the system.

I wonder if the harness in the trunk it bad, the one along the left hinge. Its possible you have a short in there, its common. THe trunk lock has a sensor.

The plunger? How do I do that?
If I don't lock my doors why is the alarm arming?

The door lock, the manual one - ummm, just push it down. :)

Well if your not locking anything at all, then it should not arm and go off. Does the Anti-Theft light stay solid or flash when you open or close the door. It should flash with door open if unlocked, once locked it should go solid and stay on for 30 seconds after you close the door If its going solid without locking anything, then the door lock sensor may be bad and it thinks you are locking the door when you are not - then compound that with another problem - another sensor....

I do not have the factory remote. Did not come with the car when I got it.
The light is always blinking.

Well if its always blinking, then its never armed. It should stop blinking after a while though. Does it always blink, as in more than 15 minutes later....

Only other thought is a secondary alarm was installed. Do you know if it has one? The Mark just flashes its lights and honks the horn. Does it make any other noises?

OK, The anti-theft always blinks when you turn off the car or when you open the car. Anytime you manually use the power locks it will arm the system. Once you get a keyless remote and have it programmed to your Mark, you wont have this problem. The same thing happend to my silver Mark, and the same thing is now happening to my son's Mark. Until you buy a a remote and program it just lock the doors by pushing down the locks or use the key to lock it. The horn will not go off.

How will a keyless solve the problem. I arms the system the same way as pressing the 7/8 9/0 keys together on the keypad or using the interior electronic locks.

Is there something that goes faulty somewhere that using the keyless bypasses?

Mine used to do this. All you have to do is unplug a connector behind the glovebox. This disables the factory anti-theft system. You still can use your keyless remote though. Let me try to find the picture of the connector and get back to you.

How will a keyless solve the problem. I arms the system the same way as pressing the 7/8 9/0 keys together on the keypad or using the interior electronic locks.

Is there something that goes faulty somewhere that using the keyless bypasses?

I don't know the inner workings of the keyless remote, I just know that I experienced the very same problem on my 93, and now on my son's 93. Without a remote, the alarm would go of when I locked the door, the horn would go off. For this very reason when you put an aftermarket alarm on your Mark such as a Viper, you still need to have the remote handy. Anytime you use the power locks to lock the door it will arm.

If you want to disconnect the module and be done with it, just open up the glovebox all the way so it drops down. Then look to the right hand side. There is a white module (on my 96 it's white) that is mounted pretty much horizontally. It has 2 white connectors plugged into it that are facing you. Unplug those two connectors and you're done. That's what I did to mine and no more waking up at 4 am with my horn blaring.

I will just disconnect it and then when I get the remotes I could try pluggin it back in.

The remote should have nothing to do with the alarm going off for no reason. You can always use the door code or the key as well. I would check the hood and the trunk switches as said earlier. The remote is a conveinance but is not needed for the alarm to function properly.

The remote should have nothing to do with the alarm going off for no reason. You can always use the door code or the key as well. I would check the hood and the trunk switches as said earlier. The remote is a conveinance but is not needed for the alarm to function properly.

:shifty: Hope it works.

That's the last remaining electrical gremlin on my '93.

I just disconnected the alarm module. I'll eventually gather the patience to go through the car sensor by sensor.

I taped the hood sensor down, reconnected the battery. The car has been sittin unlocked for 4 hours now no alarm.

:shifty: Hope it works.

Well it should work unless their is another problem. I can either use my remote or the keypad without any problems. I think that sometimes a sensor or a relay may just stick or go bad.:p

Members online

No members online now.
Back