damn ball joints

ls01

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
well my wheel is about off now and i took it in.i need upper and low ball joint on my pass side. so i told him ill get the parts but now i need to know
is there a diff on driver or pass side?
and what is it 14mm or 16mm
01 ls v8

ebay... search out the seller euromarque. Tell him what you have, he'll make sure you get the right part. Mention lvc for free shipping.

You're welcome :D

well got a nice set of lower ball joints ( thanks pektel) now does anyone know where to get the upper joints for pass side

I had broken tie rods and worn ball joints on the front end - ya very bad combination.

I had the tie rods replaced - they quoted me $1200 for the ball joints with knuckle. I searched the forums and found threads about getting just the ball joint on ebay. I contacted the seller and sure enough $120 for the front set.

I called back to the mechanic and told him about it. He told me that he wouldnt recommend it because the knuckle is aluminum and it would be very hard to get the old ball joint pressed out and new one in without damaging the knuckle and he said thats probably why ford doesn't only have the ball joint for order.

What do you guys think about this? Any truth to this?

Also if I do get just the ball joint does anyone have a diagram for the suspension to give to a buddy of mine who might press them in for me?

Thanks in advance.

To get a new upper ball joint, just buy a new upper control arm, which contains the ball joint plus two new bushings for the mounting of that arm. It's pretty cheap to get and a fast job to change it. Leave the control arm bushing bolts loose and do not tighten them until the vehicle is sitting on the suspension, to ensure that the bushings are tightened in the middle of their rotational travel, otherwise, if they are tightened while the suspension is unloaded, a full compression of the spring will over-rotate the bushing and tear it up. Both bushings on that control arm, that is, will be damaged unless tightened while that spring is supporting the car at the suspension's midpoint.

i have been looking for the left and right upper control arms but to no luck found the lower ball jint ina a pair. does anyone know a stroe to get these

i have been looking for the left and right upper control arms but to no luck found the lower ball jint ina a pair. does anyone know a stroe to get these

You'll need a Ford parts dealer to get the upper control arms.

2000-2004 ls upper arms 6W4Z-3084/85 AA list 185.00/190.00 lvc 94.84 left and 98.81 right
the 2002 was the one with the 14 or 16mm lowers and a vin number was needed.

Max

Members online

No members online now.
Back