DCCV, advance track, and service e-brake

I too have the same problem with my 05 ls8 with the ac blowing out hot....after realizing that I couldn't hold a fuse, I troubled shot the car by unhooking certain things until I didn't blow the fuse, which let me know what my problem was....the dccv! I should have looked on this website earlier and just did the 'off+defrost and auto' thing....would have saved me a bunch of time. Anywho, after doing that as well, I got the codes 2797 and 2799....left and right dccv. I'm ordering one stat and am wondering if anyone else has changed this out before, should I expect any surprises or is it a pretty simple DIY job?

Thanks,
Nick

I have done it twice. It is not difficult mechanically, but a pain (access is tight at times). I am good with cars, and doing the DCCV and bleeding takes me half a day. Bleeding the cooling system afterwards is crucial or the car will overheat. THere is a tech article on here for bleeding the cooling system, if not for the DCCV change also. I think anyone who is able to chance his/her own oil, and follow step by step instructions could chance their own DCCV in a day.

Where are you reading these codes? Do they show up by the odometer or do you need a code reader? I don't have the message center. (V6) I want to make sure it's the DCCV before I replace it.

Alright, saw the other thread, the code shows up in the climate control reading?

A big THANK YOU to JOEGR

Just wanted to say thanks Joe. I replaced my DCCV and it corrected the AC as well as the parking brake warning....once again Thanks!!!

About $180.00 at the dealer. Tascaparts.com has it for $90.68 shipped. Part number is 2R8Z18495AA.

I've never ordered anything from tascaparts.com before, are they reliable in shipping the correct part. Has anyone had any problems with them before?

I need to order the DCCV. Is this the correct part number for a 2000 V8? Is it a Motorcraft part?

OEM Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
2R8Z18495AA $164.88 $0.00 $90.68

VALVE ASY - HTR WTR

Last edited:
ANyone know how to retrieve the codes on a 2002 LS? Is it the same as the 06?

It's similar, but a little different (at least one of the buttons to push is different). I've seen the gen I procedure posted on this board before, but I don't remember it.

anyone with these probs ever have coolant spilling from the dccv?? mine is shot and ive been overheating and spilling collant. noticed coolant all over the dccv. could find no other leaks

Members online

No members online now.
Back