Do I dare?

Jeffintampa

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am getting my car ready for a 2000 mile trip and have a issue with a rim I need to address and wonder if I dare.

I have the chrome spokes and hit a bad pothole onetime hard. Well I have a noticeable bend in one spot on the rim. Probably a half inch, the tire holds air but everytime I have it worked on the guys put a ton of weight on it to balance it. My tires have less than 5000 on them and want to rotate front to back, and have them all balanced. (Wally world lifetime rotation and balance bought with tires) My question is do I dare get the framing hammer out on the rim and bang it closer before the balance? John (great8) doesn't live to far from me and has 2 rims but he has a ton on his plate right now. I know if I screw it up I can get one.

WWYOUdo.

Jeff

Risks.... you may ruin the rim and waste your time. Reward there might be a chance you fix the rim without anything more than a hammer. If you ruin the rim you can buy a new one. If you ruin the rim and need a new one... well you need a new one right now anyways. Only thing you have to lose is your time. So if you think it is worth your time to try, go for it. I usually question also whether i should try and blah, thing is you got nothing but time at stake and if you think it's worth it go for it. No more wasting time on thinking though!

Sorry I can't help you. Laid up with some health problems right now. Where is Tampa-ish I'm in Riverview. 95 MarkVIII 46,000+. Sunday drive car. Maybe me,,you,,Great 8 can meet up sometimes for coffee,,,AFTER I'm of pain meds and medical problems.

hmm

Sorry I can't help you. Laid up with some health problems right now. Where is Tampa-ish I'm in Riverview. 95 MarkVIII 46,000+. Sunday drive car. Maybe me,,you,,Great 8 can meet up sometimes for coffee,,,AFTER I'm of pain meds and medical problems.

I am in Zhills sounds good and if you have any pain meds save em for me lol. My old Mark needs painted new pass turn light and is showing its age lol. Nothing to show off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back