Does anyone else dislike the Edge commercial as much as me?

Archer28

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
The music is so annoying.

I think its a nice vehicle, but the commercial sure doesn't make me want to buy one.

Poor, poor, Ford. I wish they could get out of the hole they're in.

Sorry, had to rant a bit!

Ford sucks! Well not really but this tried and true Ford Lover does not care for the Brand anymore. Product and quality just are not what it used to be, even than it was still dull. Edge does look better than whatever Lincoln is offering, whole lineup is nasty.

I dislike all of the unrealistic capabilities auto/truck commercials.

I like how it says at the bottom "Yes, this is a fantasy. Vehicles can't really drive on buildings."

I love it, sorry guys. Don't be so harsh guys. Ford made a lot more mistakes in the early 00's and they are working to correct these now. If you've seen pictures of the new MKS and you don't want to drive one, you need to get your eyes checked. Never mind that the Fusion beat out offerings from toyota and honda in most reviews despite the fact that the japanese guys have dominated the sedan market for years.

Maybe y'all shouldn't give up so easily and start running for the imports. Have some faith!

postalUT said:
I love it, sorry guys. Don't be so harsh guys. Ford made a lot more mistakes in the early 00's and they are working to correct these now. If you've seen pictures of the new MKS and you don't want to drive one, you need to get your eyes checked. Never mind that the Fusion beat out offerings from toyota and honda in most reviews despite the fact that the japanese guys have dominated the sedan market for years.

Maybe y'all shouldn't give up so easily and start running for the imports. Have some faith!

lmAo haha. i don't like the edge at all. i hate that ''crossover'' suv/car thing goin on. but that mks is looking way nice. i kinda like the fusion and zephyr/mkz's too.

stupid

it is ridiculous! just as ridiculous as the gm flying cars through the city ridiculous! :Beer

I like the girl
:leghumper

Can't believe Lincoln only makes two cars & the Town car is sooooooo outdated: 239hp V8, 4 speed auto :Bang

You know Acura has a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder that produces over 200hp. Lexus has a V6 that makes over 300hp.

Lincoln will be going under soon

I always thought it was funny that when a car FIRST comes out...lets take the fusion for example, they say...RATED THE MOST RELIABLE VEHICLE ON THE MARKET. How do they know this? How are they breaking that car in so quickly? I bet that Toyota and Honda will always have Ford beat.

Yea the edge commercial is pretty stupid. I think all crossovers are ugly.

Gave you seen the other commercial where the guy pulls into a parkingspot and while hes searching for change for the meter...the ugly car attracts this girl? I'll posts you tube...
Theres the chick one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epR7ZmlmXnQ&NR

Heres the commercial everyone is talking about...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QUrNYelnXg
Heres another retarded one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCXZGtu-X0g

It's one of the best adds Ford has had in years. Hits the market they are after. Look at how well they advertised and marketed the LS. If they followed that philosophy, the Edge would be dead in 3 years. I hope they learned their lesson with the LS. Any marketing and money into the LS and it would still be here selling like hot cakes.

linc21806 said:
it is ridiculous! just as ridiculous as the gm flying cars through the city ridiculous! :Beer

Do you remember the commercials for the latest Civic Si? That thing was "hopping" from rooftop to rooftop. I did have to test drive that little thing when it finally came here.... it was fun, but impractical.

linc21806 said:

That was the first thing I thought about when I saw the edge commercial. They are getting GM back with there stupid version.

I thinke the Edge is a nice looking vehicle, and I hope Ford sells a ton of them. Its not even the silly "riding around on two wheels" part of the commercial that annoys me, -its the music!

All the foreign carmakers are stealing cool songs like "voodoo chile" and Ford comes up with this song that sounds like a something off the disney channel.

Ah, much bigger things to worry about in life, but it still irritates me when I hear it. I just think its the wrong music for a successful marketing campaign, and that bothers me as I'd like to see Ford do well...

Members online

Back