Does Anyone know how to retrieve the door keypad number?

tdymorris

LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2005 LS from a used car dealership, and it didnt come with a book, and i checked the trunk for a sticker and there is nothing to be found... anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Ted

Yea... my dealer wants 60 bucks to do it... i just think thats a little pricey , and wanted to do it myself... o well looks like i gotta just pay it

do you have the original owners manual? there is a car in the leather pocket that holds your owners manual that has the code on it

No, the dealer didnt have the owners manual. Kinda pissed me off !!! Bothers gthe hell out of me that i cant work the keypad on the door

Don't forget the keypad shuts down after several wrong entries and is disabled for awhile.

Yeah, I went thru that a couple years back. I looked in all the suggested places, trunk hinge, glove box, even the main computer. Nothing. Either you have the little card in the owner's manual or you pay the dealer $$ to read the code and then WRITE IT DOWN somewhere so you or the next owner will have it.

By the way. If you only have 2 keys you should get a copy made right away. Copies REQUIRE you to already HAVE 2 working keys. If you have one key, only the dealer and some special lock smiths can make a duplicate. If you loose the only key you have, you will have to be towed to a dealer so they can program a new set for you.

The keys have to be matched to the car so that is why you must have at least one working key to make duplicates. Could be worse, some cars have $1,000+ keys. Ours can be bought on eBay relatively cheap.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

Members online

No members online now.
Back