Does it look wierd ?

35 around and 20 in the back 5 is gonna be a pain at night to see out of but the 5 would help darken it up a little on the sides

I personally beleive that having two different tints, one for the back windows and one for the front, looks ridiculous. If your worried about bein pulled over for having too dark of tint, then go with somethin subtle like 35-20 all around, it won't stand out much in the daytime and you can still see alright in the nightime. Also, when you do have such a huge difference in tint from front to back, lets face it, it looks amature in the daytime. When you do get 5% say all round, it also depends on the color of your car.(your black car will almost hide your black windows, but if your car is say white, they will stand out a lot more and you will prob get pulled over) I speak from experience myself, my first lincoln ls was beige, and i got pulled over for having illegal tint, (5% 'round) My second and current car the 2003 LS is black, and i have 5% all round, and absolutly nothing has happened for the year i have had it.

To avoid the weird look of having the fronts lighter than the back I went with 35% on the sides and 5% on the back window. I got pulled over the other day and the cop said my windows were to dark so he got out his machine and said yup they are. They 27%, I started laughing and asked him when they started doing weird numbers like that. He knew they were legal and let me go with just a speeding ticket.

Don't these windows come with a light tint already? "Solar tint" or something? Maybe that's where his little machine got a 27 from...

I personally beleive that having two different tints, one for the back windows and one for the front, looks ridiculous. If your worried about bein pulled over for having too dark of tint, then go with somethin subtle like 35-20 all around, it won't stand out much in the daytime and you can still see alright in the nightime. Also, when you do have such a huge difference in tint from front to back, lets face it, it looks amature in the daytime. When you do get 5% say all round, it also depends on the color of your car.(your black car will almost hide your black windows, but if your car is say white, they will stand out a lot more and you will prob get pulled over) I speak from experience myself, my first lincoln ls was beige, and i got pulled over for having illegal tint, (5% 'round) My second and current car the 2003 LS is black, and i have 5% all round, and absolutly nothing has happened for the year i have had it.

Nice advice, My car is Midnight Gray Metallic, close to a black color, i got Dove Gray interior, so when the sun hits the inside its pretty bright, so i might just go with 20% all around like i did with the Conti.

It had light gray interior, 20% all around, never got pulled over had it almost a year, when its rains, you cant see NOTHING inside the car, when the sun hits it, its alright.

go 35 all around and 54 in the windshield. thats what i got plus cops never notice the front windshield is tinted when i get pulled over at night. makes your car look a lot cooler and hard to see inside... or go with a 35 on the windshield for optimal "blackness" while staying legal... i had double limo tint all around and the front windshield 15.. kinda hard to see at night but even if you stood on the hood looking inside you couldnt see me giving you the finger, lol j/k

so i have no idea what percentage tint i have tints not my specialty

l_ad2348a305d3188eb30b53ec8dda593a.jpg

l_7166f10553c502d342d4639b8c578302.jpg

l_871bbf6983c075e41e3b297dc4de62f0.jpg

l_40f3d225df6a88257837873e3a60c46f.jpg

Having the rear doors darker than the fronts will NOT look absurd.

I've done both ways (same and different) and speak from experience.

Also..lets apply logic.

Let assume you have the exact same percent tint on all doors..and tint on the back glass.

There WILL be more sun shining into the front passenger compartment than the rear seats. Anyone care to guess why?

Also, for those in states that have a 35% law? If you go to a tint shop, and they tell you "this tint is 35% and legal"? Dont fall for it. It will NOT allow 35% light through once you install it on the actual glass.

The ONLY way to know for sure if its going to be legal, is to get a few samples of the tint..apply it to the glass "temporarily", and use the light meter on the installed tint. THEN theck to see what the numbers are.

tell you guys what....screw em....tint it all dark as you want....if you get a ticket...do what i did....just show up for your court date with a photo of you car with the front windows down...if you take the pic right...the ticket will be dropped.

If anyone lives in PA I can get your car tinted for $100 great price and work!!

i got 7% tint as rated by the nys hacks all i paid was 120 for both front tints and u think thats going to make me take them off hell no i need my privacy especially when im pounding my music or with chicks and my girl around lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back