Does this happen to belong to a member?

The color and the wing is nasty, but I give lots of props for the body work. I got a DIY on wide body molding like that saved to my PC.

I wonder if that engine mod ever worked out, from what I hear it wont ever work????

Wow!
For a race car I like the two-tone color scheme and the wing is well, a necessity eh?

Yeah but....I dont want a race car..:D

But I still wouldnt mind my fenders like that, he says he has a kit for it in fiberglass and carbon????

I wanna contact this guy but there is no e-mail.

all i can say is dammmnnn. take away the wing and the two tone paint if it was me.

Thats pretty slick if you ask me. I would love to see it actually race. I am sure all the engine mods worked since they tore the car apart and started from scratch. I'm sure everything is custom.

Yeah but notice there isnt any shots of it rolling and they needed to haul it in a trailer..??

Not saying it didnt work but those are some "mild" clues if you ask me.

I don't know why you would think that it is fake. From the pictures it is all completely custom and there is no reason that engine wouldn't work because it looks as though the only LS parts that were used were the body. We aren't talking a basic engine swap here, we are talking about a race car being built and in that world, everything pictured is very possible.

|Not saying it didn't work| but those are some "mild" clues if you ask me.

Read between the lines.

And I am also just going by what I was told.

I do understand the fact it was completely chopped.

There is no doubt that it is one wicked LS!
However I don't think that the person that posted the pictures is the owner or builder of this vehicle. There just isn't enough detailed information about any of the modifications for me to believe it.
Another point... why would they list it as a 2006 model when it is obviously a pre-2003 (IIRC it was an '02)? Just a bit fishy.
Also, 1 of 4. Where is the info on the other 3? That may have been the plan... but no action was taken.

Here is the "LS-R" thread.
Obviously a different car, but I just couldn't find the right post.

I know we've seen this car (and its entire life story) posted on here before, I just can't seem to find it right now. I'm sure someone will have more luck or confirm the truth.

Wow good point I didnt even investigate that. Now I "KNOW" it didnt run.

I wonder if it was the same guy?

Some one wanted to campaign the car, but at the time no one had cracked the computer code for the PCM, so all they really had was a body kit on a stripped down chasis but no real engine mods.

Lincoln wouldn't give away the PCM code, same thing happened to the MClaren project car, they wanted to SC it, but couldn't map the PCM to handle the boost. MClaren ended up selling the car with the supercharger and parts in the trunk and the engine left stock.

If it runs or not, eithr way those fender flares are Awesome! I had wondered how an LS would look with really wide flares like that. Friggin sweet! Could stand to lose the wing, but other than that I like it. Even the 2 tone paint look, just maybe not in white/maroon...

If it runs or not, eithr way those fender flares are Awesome! I had wondered how an LS would look with really wide flares like that. Friggin sweet! Could stand to lose the wing, but other than that I like it. Even the 2 tone paint look, just maybe not in white/maroon...

Except for the paint I agree so much. That wing is disgusting along with that paint.

402777LS: I thought, well I read, that they made a few of them "with" the super charger but there was discrepancies with the dealerships??

this was the actual LLSOC icon used waaaaay back at the start. The car - as far as I know - had the stock power train.

He did do a lot of fab work - but like almost all of these efforts - the power train killed it. But this was before SCT and the ability to tune the PCM.

Except for the paint I agree so much. That wing is disgusting along with that paint.

402777LS: I thought, well I read, that they made a few of them "with" the super charger but there was discrepancies with the dealerships??

quick has the only supercharged LS that runs. the closest I know of anything to him was the MClaren.

Don't think they had but one of those purple and white cars--they went faster than stock because of all the weight removed from the car, not mods to the engine.

if that LS is a true race car, they can put almost any motor in there (size willing) They wouldnt be worrying about having AC, radio, etc... That car could easily have some other motor than the 3.9L in it.

quick has the only supercharged LS that runs. the closest I know of anything to him was the MClaren.

Im talking about the Mclaren's:) , didnt they make a few of them?

if that LS is a true race car, they can put almost any motor in there (size willing) They wouldnt be worrying about having AC, radio, etc... That car could easily have some other motor than the 3.9L in it.

Thats why I never seen he PCM and stuff beeing a problem, if its gutted out why wouldnt you use the correct PCM and everything else to make it run? I just think somethings up with this one.

Unfortunately they didn't, and because the pcm also runs the transmission, they would have had to replace the entire power train. It would have been cheaper to just put the suspension in another car and get the LS's biggest asset---it's handeling.

the McLaren prototype was actually sold on e-bay - with the supercharger off and in the trunk.

Again this was before SCT cracked the tuning. McLaren could have done this too - but the estimate was $10,000 for the equipment to reverse engineer the code (not to mention the labour), Ford was not being cooperative, and the Lincoln dealers where telling them they didn't need a sport V8 - heck dealers didn't want a V8 with a stick.

Unfortunately they didn't, and because the pcm also runs the transmission, they would have had to replace the entire power train.
Duh? If you put in a more powerful engine, you need a transmission that can 1. hold up to the power, and 2. bolt to the engine. You also need a bigger and better diff then the LS uses.

This is a purpose built car. Its purpose = racing. Therefore you use racing parts in the drivetrain.

Members online

Back