does your 00LSV8 sport have rear headrests?

joshluvsla

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i was just looking at an auction for a 2000 ls v8 sport and i noticed that the rear passenger seats have headrests... a buddy of mine with the same car as mine has them as well... i dont have any? theirs no hole for them or anything like that? did they make some ls's like that?

36_0.jpg

They were included in certain packages; your car either has them or it doesn't even have a provision for them. The '03 and newer LSes only had them in the V8 Ultimate package; I'd guess that they were only available in the corresponding pre-'03 model.

my 03 has them. didn't know they were part of a "package". they're huge.

I think they only came on 2000 cars. I have an 01 and I don't have rear headrests.

SoonerLS said:
They were included in certain packages; your car either has them or it doesn't even have a provision for them. The '03 and newer LSes only had them in the V8 Ultimate package; I'd guess that they were only available in the corresponding pre-'03 model.

This is essentially correct. ALL 03+ models have rear headrests, but only the V8 Ultimate (aka Premium Sport and Elite) have the larger adjustable rear headrests. The other models in the 03+ line have a smaller integrated rear headrest. The thing I don't like about the adjustable rear headrests is that they block the rear view somewhat due to the large size.

I don't know what the 00-02 models did about rear headrests.

you're not missing anything not having the huge adjustable rear headrests. mine look like pillows and make the car look a bit ridiculous from behind. not to mention they do obstruct RVM quite a bit.

beaups said:
you're not missing anything not having the huge adjustable rear headrests. mine look like pillows and make the car look a bit ridiculous from behind. not to mention they do obstruct RVM quite a bit.

Huge? I have an 04 Ultimate and find they dont obstruct my view and look damn good. Looks good from behind also.

Dartastic said:
Huge? I have an 04 Ultimate and find they dont obstruct my view and look damn good. Looks good from behind also.
Yeah i like mine too. The make the interior look complete.

2000 V8 LS's have the adjustable rear headrests and 2000 V6 LS's did not. There were no adjustable rear headrests on '01 and '02 LS's. The adjustable rear headrests were phased out late in the 2000 model year. They also dropped the full size matching spare and the subwoofer box on the Audiophile option about the same time.

I liked the adjustable headrests, but heard at the time there were a lot of complaints about them blocking the rear view.

i kind of like them they make like another member said... complete... but i can just see them blocking my view

I have them on my 2000, and they don't block the view at all. You still see fine out of the rear view mirror.

SurfjaxLS said:
I have them on my 2000, and they don't block the view at all. You still see fine out of the rear view mirror.

The 03+ models used larger headrests as compared to the 00-02 models in the front and in the (adjustable) rear. Some drivers complained about rear visibility with the driver's seat headrest in these models since they were so large. I sometimes have a bit of difficulty seeing behind me when I look over my right or left shoulder.

I'm bumbed that the front ones don't tilt forward at all. There huge but so far back my head doesn't really touch them.

Tispco said:
2000 V8 LS's have the adjustable rear headrests and 2000 V6 LS's did not.

That's not entirely true, I have a '00 LS V8 Sport and it does not have adjustable headrests. It has been discussed on here before and what I understood was that all V8's had them except the Sports (at least in "00)

Tispco said:
2000 V8 LS's have the adjustable rear headrests and 2000 V6 LS's did not. There were no adjustable rear headrests on '01 and '02 LS's. The adjustable rear headrests were phased out late in the 2000 model year. They also dropped the full size matching spare and the subwoofer box on the Audiophile option about the same time.

I liked the adjustable headrests, but heard at the time there were a lot of complaints about them blocking the rear view.

JohnnyB said:
That's not entirely true, I have a '00 LS V8 Sport and it does not have adjustable headrests. It has been discussed on here before and what I understood was that all V8's had them except the Sports (at least in "00)

True. That is why I mentioned later in my post they were phased out late in the 2000 model year. If I remember correctly, the change happened right around January 2000. I would guess your car has a 2000 build date and not a 1999 build date. Mine was built in June of 1999 and had adjustable headrests.

I don't remember when mine was built but I think it was 9/99. The change was probably between there somewhere then.

Since we're talking about changes in the first production year, I've been curious about my spare. What did the LS' get for spares? Mine is a full size spare but it's 16" instead of 17" (I suppose it's considered full size, it's not a donut for sure). Did the earlier Sports get a 17" spare? Also, it looks like the wheels that come on Jag S-types only it's flat black instead of chrome.

JohnnyB said:
Since we're talking about changes in the first production year, I've been curious about my spare. What did the LS' get for spares? Mine is a full size spare but it's 16" instead of 17" (I suppose it's considered full size, it's not a donut for sure). Did the earlier Sports get a 17" spare? Also, it looks like the wheels that come on Jag S-types only it's flat black instead of chrome.

My 2000 had a full size spare. The wheel and tire where identical to the ones on the car. 17" Silver Sport wheel with Firestone Firehawk tire.

Members online

No members online now.
Back