doesnt lower to curb height

mrwheeler81

LVC Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, im a newbie to the mark VIII scene. ive owned my 98' LSC for 8 months now and havent had a problem with her until now. Last night, i had 4 people in my car, a first for me, so the compressor had to work a little longer to raise the car. But when we all got out of the car, she didnt drop down to "curb height". She always has until last night, now everytime i leave my car it doesnt drop down. Good to say that all other aspects of the sair ride are ok. She does vent at 55mph and raise below 40mph like normal, just the "curb height" is the problem. any and all help is greatly appreciated. thanks

The car won't lower unless the doors are closed, and the door switch tends to stick in the "open" position. If the info center has been saying "DOOR AJAR" for no apparent reason, that's almost certainly the culprit. The fix is to spray some WD-40 into the door latches and open/close them a few times.

there hasent been any " door ajar" message. there is nothing different about the car other than it doesnt lower to "curb height" but ill spray WD40 down there just for kicks, it wouldnt hurt. just a thought, would there be a loose wire in the door that might be the problem, or is the same wire that sends the "door ajar" signal the same one that tells the air suspension to lower?

ya no kidding, weird. But get this, all last week, my passanger seat stopped working, my girlfriend was compaining cause it stopped working half way back after leting her friend in the back seat. But once in a while my girlfriend would hit the switch to see if it would work, and every so often it would move. On saturday, the seat completly stopped working, i couldnt hear the motor click or anything. It also happenes to be the day that the car stopped venting. On monday, i decided to take a look at the motor in the passenger seat, and looked at the connections. Son of a B@*ch, wasnt even connected. I pluged it back in, good news! The seat works! oh ya, and wouldnt you know it, as soon as i fixed the seat, i closed the door to call it a day, and god allmighty, the car vented. anyone think theres a connection, or a coincidence? please anyone know? or even heard of anything like this?

Members online

No members online now.
Back