Doing much needed maintenance, anything I'm missing?

tyler_lueken

LVC Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I'm planning on getting rid of the LS. I love the car; it is great. However, with all the issues everybody has experienced, I am afraid one day the car is just going to break down for good. So here is my maintenance list before I try to sell it...

1. Sway Bar links and bushings.
- I am getting the thudding sound when driving. I heard it's a PITA.
2. Coolant Reservoir
- Leaking to the point where I need to top it off every month. Do I
have to drain the coolant system?
3. Clockspring
- I'm not even going to try this. I get a huge discount on parts and labor
at local shop, so that is where it is going.
4. VCG's, coils, plugs
- I did the passenger side last night. PITA. I don't know if I want to do
the driver side, may take to the shop.
5. Sunroof
- All plastic parts need to be replaced. Leaks. So I need to shampoo the
sunroof access door.
6. Trunk
- Water gets in somehow. Probably sunroof drain tubes. Getting painted.
7. Interior
- Broken E-brake boot bracket. Some stains. Needs detailed.
8. Paint
- Some chips need filled. Two small chips are starting to rust. So those
are getting sanded clean, and then repainted.

Is there anything else that needs done? Anyone interested? 2001 LS, no chrome on bumpers, 95k miles. Think I can get $5000? Thanks guys.

Don't buy anything else. I'm sure there are group of people having problems with any car you are considering.

My daughter's V6: 2000 with 171K+ miles. Normal maintenance (yes, coils, spark plugs, ball joints, shocks, valve cover gaskets, etc. are all maintenance items). ANY car with over 100K miles will need wear parts replaced.

Our 2 2006s have been just as reliable. The owners here represent a very small portion of total LS ownership.

I still maintain that the majority or suspension problems are caused by heavy, aftermarket wheels. The suspension was designed to handle ~50# unsprung weight on each corner; not the ~75#+ of heavy 20" wheels/tires.

I'll have the shop take care of the Diff. Fluid.

The thud is coming from the front, but all my studs are good. I am hoping my ball joints aren't in too bad of condition though. I don't want to have to replace those either. I don't know anywhere around town that would press them in for me.

I'm not just selling because of the maintenance. I understand every car will need maintenance, it's just the cost of the car all together is murdering my wallet. I'm 19, work 2 jobs, go to school, and get no financial support from my parents. So, my new car will probably have 2 or 4 cylinders less, which will suck. But, I'm getting ready to go to a different school which will require 2 hours of driving a few times a week. It's what has to bee done.

If i were you...which luckly im not...i wouldn't put money into the car if your going to sell it...get it to be approved via saftey then sell it saftey'd and emission tested...dont waste money on coils and plugs and bushings and minor leaks...thats the other d-bags problem when he buys it...don't waste a $1000 when your not keeping it.

+1

I agree, if its broke don't fix it. Try to sell it outright and see what offers you get.

If i were you...which luckly im not...i wouldn't put money into the car if your going to sell it...get it to be approved via saftey then sell it saftey'd and emission tested...dont waste money on coils and plugs and bushings and minor leaks...thats the other d-bags problem when he buys it...don't waste a $1000 when your not keeping it.

x10....The repairs he listed is something i'd do if i was keeping a car. Not getting it mint for the next owner. Don't fix it..Touch up the best as you can, clean the sunroof panel and sell it.

im interested in doing that i have some of a simillar prob lol where could i ?? live in CA LA.

Members online

No members online now.
Back