Door handle, of course!

Lugi20

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Door handle broke off this morning, very exciting!

For those of you who have had to deal with this, did you end up replacing just the handle or the entire assembly? Do all year door handles match up (I have a 94'), and does the keyless entry make a difference?

Replace the whole handle and get a new one and paint match it ,I think the new ones at the dealer are a better design or thicker and will not break like the oe ones,expect it to take a hour or less,put some tape around the door handle area to prevent it from getting scratched.When mine broke i used pliers to get in until i got my new one and that was three years ago

Sorry, but I'm not clear on whether you replaced the entire assembly or just the handle itself, can you please clearify.

Just the handle, unless the pins and springs disappeared, then the whole kit is needed. The handle is a xf3z-6322405-aa with a list of $45.45 and a LVC cost of $32.72 plus frt.

Max

I would pick up a Conti handle. Chrome so no need to paint and in my opinion, they look sharp.

Just the handle, unless the pins and springs disappeared, then the whole kit is needed. The handle is a xf3z-6322405-aa with a list of $45.45 and a LVC cost of $32.72 plus frt.

Max
I think i paid $60 for the handle and housing and $5 for spary paint,thats cool that they just sell the handle

Another help after you fix your door is to get some silcon spray on your door seals so that it helps with keeping them sticking to the door when opening, and water sticking and freezing in the winter for those of us in the snow country.

After hearing how this is a real PITA job I hope mine doesn't break. Just as a precaution I always open the door by lifting up the handle and then grabbing the inside lip of the actuall door.

I have also noticed that my door handles on my 95 are pretty thick, my doors are heavy feeling as well. My friends 94 has lighter feeling doors and thinner door handles. Now I know the handles are thinner but could the 94 doors be ant lighter? Maybe it just feels this way?

Another help after you fix your door is to get some silcon spray on your door seals so that it helps with keeping them sticking to the door when opening, and water sticking and freezing in the winter for those of us in the snow country.
Yea i agree you have to keep your doors from not freezing that is when my handle broke,How about vaseline or something else,Should start a new thread on this,My dad has the worse luck on this even with silicon spray,What helps me is having electric start with the heater on.

Thanks for all of the replies gentlemen!

A friend of our family owns a body shop and said he found a new assembly, and he would paint and install it for $120 total cost. I'm going to go with that route since I trust the guy and thats a pretty decent overall price.

That said, the door freezing WAS the problem, what kind of silicon spray are we talking about using on the door seals to prevent this from happening again?

You have to use that speacial lube thats heats up when you put it on!:D

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
any type of spray silicone will work

KY lube.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back