double din

eastcoastLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
will this double din fit easily in dash of 2000 ls?

haha idk what happened but here. also do u think that one is trash? should i just get a pioneer, that concept 2 din has optional navi

square double din.jpg

I have sold both the concept and the Pioneer......take my word for it, if you can afford the Pioneer, get it. The problem with Concept is that they are made from some Korean company that just manufactures low grade products and distributes them to other companies, so they can sell it as their own. Other than the bigger screen size, the main difference is going to be: better picture, better sound, bigger screen, lower failure rate, and higher quality NAV mapping from the Pioneer. Hope this helps.

i had a bad feeling about that double din, now its worse. it jsut sounded good at the time. i'm thinking about the pioneer avic d2 ? good?

And if you can't afford the Pioneer, still don't get the Concept. Save your money until you can afford it.

i never thought id say this, but go with the pioneer. every pioneer head unit ive had has stopped working in one way or another. when i bought my ls however, it had the avic-n1(predecessor to n3), and i actually like it. id like to get the d2 sometime though, for a more oem look.

I have the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 in my Aviator and love it! It's hdd driven and an amazing unit. It has it's little quirks here and there with the add ons (Bluetooth, etc) but overall is a very fine unit. The Nav itself is better than my Acura Nav. And you can add NavTraffic...which for us in this city is HUGE.

CRUTCHFIELD says no double din fits the LS. But many including myself have proven that wrong. Why is everyone just saying the Pioneer? Why not the Kenwood its a great unit. I played around with the gps on the pioneer and the kenwood is way better. Thats just my 2 centsm, but you may not be intrested in navigation. :l

the d2 is really nice but i dont think it plays dvd`s. i think it it only reads the navigation dvd`s. you can always research it though.whenever you decide on the one you want. go to www.nextag.com and enter the model and it will search and let you know what store has the product the cheapest. crutchfield is usually at lease 500 dollars more than the cheapest place. good luck.

I just bought and installed a pioneer AVIC-D1 (double din) nav system for 650 buy-it-now on ebay. I bought a 2 year warranty for it, and it was still under 750 total.

Best deal in the world for nav systems. I love it- it works great.

riles did u buy it from an ebay store? or just a random seller on ebay. if so could you tell me the name of the ebay store
that sounded like a pretty good deal cuz im fixing to get one by the end of the year 06

Here is the link to the item- it looks like I paid 695, not 650. But, the transaction was still under $800 with the squaretrade warranty that I bought with it.

Ebay link
The unit works flawlessly. Another reason I chose the D1 is that the lockout bypass is simple and works very well, as compared to newer navigation units (watch movies while car is in motion). I know some people are against people watching movies while driving, but don't mention it- thats not the point of this topic.

Kenwood ddx6019 In lincoln ls

I just had a Kenwood ddx 6019 with navigation installed in my wifes 02 lincoln ls and besides the dash trim around the double din I love the way the unit works and plays. I am currenty working on making a custom dash trim but besides that the unit also looks great in the LS.
Was going with Pioneer avic z1 but was told that the player has a dvd lockout on it which would keep it from playing dvds while on trips which would have been fine except if the navigation quit working for some odd reason, one would have to remove the whole unit for repairs while with the kenwood it has seperate navigation unit. But I dont recommend any units to anyone because I have found you have to get what you want not what someone else has..
Unit complete with dvd/ navigation/wire harness/ tax/ steering wheel controls/installed etc cost 1250.00 which is still much less than the avic z1.

what kit can i get to make a avic d-3 fit in my 2000 ls?
that would cover the two side edges?

I looked at the D3 and the Z2. The Z is nicer with its .75" bigger screen and the 30GB hard drive with 3d nav. But its not worth the extra cost IMO. I had 3k to play with for a deck and still went with the D series. I got the deck, the blue tooth adapter, the sirius box, the ipod cable, and the thing to make our steering wheel controls work all for 996. Thats less than half the cost of the Z series. I'm sure after I pick it up tomorrow, that extra money I saved will feel much better than haveing a harddrive that has a rep for freezing up. My advice though for the D-series (I did a ton of research) is you take the two Nav DVD's, and burn copies. They cost a fortune to replace if thy get scratched. Mine will be copied and then stored in a safe place until I need to copy them again. Thats just my two cents. It a friggin LS, nothing but the best is good enough for her. Don't waste your money on cheep ways out. Get a quality product. Alpine makes a hell of a double din screen with nav!!!! Pioneers two just seem to be the best out there right now.

oh yeah one more thing. I found the controls on the Z to be a touch slower than the D.... mostly on the ipod, but too bad either way!

Members online

No members online now.
Back